Understand the changes in German Visa Application
If you are an Indian Student then you must know these changes in German Visa Application.
Increase Amount for Blocked Account:
The German foreign ministry confirms on their website the increase of the blocked account to 10,235€ for all visa applications submitted from 1st of September, 2019. Students will be able to then withdraw an amount of 853€ per month.
You can choose yourself where to set up your blocked account. It is important to meet the following conditions:
- The blocked account must have sufficient credit in order to cover the costs arising for the duration of your planned stay in Germany, unless other proof of financial support is presented in the visa procedure.
- Certain standard rates apply that are based on the rates for German students.
- From 1 January 2020, the presumed annual requirement that must be paid into the blocked account when applying for a visa will increase to 10,236 euros. This increased amount applies to all visa applications submitted from 1 September 2019.
- The account may only permit the withdrawal of a certain amount per month (currently 720 euros for students; 853 euros from 1 September).
- The blocked account may only be closed with the consent of the blocked account beneficiary.The blocked account beneficiary is either the mission abroad or, after entering Germany, the competent foreigners authority.
- A blocking notice therefore only ensures that sufficient funds to cover living expenses are always available. It does not entitle the blocked account beneficiary to withdraw money from the blocked account.
Many countries have providers that offer blocked accounts. Information is available from the respective competent German mission abroad. Furthermore, certain banks in Germany offer special blocked accounts for students/language students for educational institutions located at their place of business.
To the best of the Federal Foreign Office’s knowledge, the following providers currently offer blocked accounts throughout Germany:
If you are planning to study in Germany then contact us to seek the Germany admission counseling.