Our success speaks
Quick Notes on studying MBA in Canada:
- Types of MBAs: MBA programs are available as specialized, general, and combined degrees.
- Specialized MBA in Canada: Many Canadian business schools today offer specialized MBAs focussing on a specific industry which gives you the opportunity to hone your skills in a specific area and thus develop abilities and skills which are required for a certain field, industry, or sector.
- General MBA in Canada: These degrees provide you with general management skills and abilities to operate in a variety of different areas.
- Combined MBA in Canada: They are often up to 4 years long, enable students to simultaneously earn a degree in both Business and another discipline, including Agriculture, Arts, Engineering, Law, and Medicine, among others.
- (Co-operative) Co op MBA in Canada: Cooperative MBA programs are geared towards younger students, typically in their early to mid 20s, who lack the real world work experience. In a Co-op MBA, students get the opportunity to work in the industry and employment is mostly offered by the Canadian University. Not all schools offer this option.
- Internationalized MBA in Canada: In response to the globalization of business relationships, business schools are providing an increasing number of opportunities for students to “internationalize” their respective MBA programs via study abroad options, global study modules, and/or international MBAs. Many employers, especially those who do business worldwide, prefer to hire individuals who possess an in depth knowledge of the global economy and/or of a particular region or country. The major providers of international MBA Study opportunities are Brock University, Carleton University, Vancouver Island University, McGill University, Queen’s University, University of Alberta, University of British Columbia, University of Toronto, University of Victoria, and York University.
- Duration of MBA: MBA in Canada can be finished in 1 to 2 years and in case of Combined MBA upto 4 years.
- Intakes: Most MBA programs in Canada begin in September. However, some Canadian MBAs do offer a January start.
- Fee Range: Course fee for MBA in Canada are as low as CAD$ 5,718 to as high as CAD$ 105,690. Normal range is CAD$ 26,000 to CAD$ 60,000. The most expensive MBA in Canada is offered by the University of Toronto
- Work Experience Requirement for MBA in Canada: The average number of years of work experience required by MBA schools in Canada is 2.4 years ranging from no work experience required to 5 years. Generally, if you have 2 years work experience, you can apply for an MBA in Canada. The average work experience for top MBA in Canada at the likes of University of Toronto (UToronto), University of British Columbia (UBC), McGill University, Western University Canada (Ivey Business School) and such is around 4 to 5 years. There are only a few MBA programs in Canada that do not require work experience
- GMAT / GRE: The average required GMAT score is 550, and the average score of MBA students is 606. For top MBA in Canada like University of Toronto MBA (Rotman School of Management), UBC MBA (Sauders), McGill MBA, York University MBA (Schulich) and such will be over 650 as a GMAT requirement
- English Language Requirement: IELTS test is compulsory. The test could be done within one month from the date you decide to take the test ie. preparing for the test, registering for the test and appearing for it. If you need to register for the test or need help or coaching, you could contact us at +91 9820864001
- Best Time to Apply to Canada: Best time to apply for MBA in Canada is October to February for a September start. Different Universities have different deadlines. Canadian Universities will take applications until April though for a September start
- Work DURING Study in Canada: You are allowed to work 20hrs per week during study terms & full time (40 hours per week) during holidays
- Work AFTER Study in Canada: To work in Canada after you graduate, you must apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP). You could stay back on a work permit in Canada (post study work visa) which is equivalent to the length of your program to look for a job and work full-time. A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years, but no longer than the length of the study program. Eg. if you finish a two year MBA in Canada, then you are eligible to get a work permit in Canada for 3 years. However, if the length of your course in Canada was 1 year, then you will only get a one year work permit to work in Canada or find suitable jobs
- Canada Visa: To apply for a visa, you must complete and submit all required documents as requested by the Canadian government including the official acceptance document(s) from the school at which you will be studying, and, if planning to study in Quebec, a Certificate of Acceptance from the Quebec government, and pay the required visa processing fee. You may be required to undergo an interview with a Canadian Visa Officer and/or a medical examination and/or prove that you have sufficient funds to study and live in Canada. The visa process time for Canadian student visa may go up to 4 weeks after your visa application
- Quick reasons to study an MBA in Canada:
- Studying in Canada is relatively cheaper with lowest Tuition Fee amongst English Speaking Countries.
- 6 of the World’s Top 100 MBA are in Canada
- Canada’s diverse culture, relaxed immigration laws and relatively stable economy are just some of the reasons students study there.
- You would also find it is easier to stay and work in Canada after completing MBA. Upon completion of an education programme in Canada, it’s very easy to obtain post-grad work permit.
- Canada also has a slightly shorter academic year than the U.S., with college classes running September through April. The condensed schedule means a shorter winter break but more time for international students to work over the summer.
- You could work in Canada for the length of your program upto a maximum of 3 years.
- Most provinces require you work full time for 12-months, and then you can begin an application for permanent residency in Canada.
List of many MBA programs in Canada duration and course fee-wise are listed below:
Remember selecting the right business schools and MBA programs is the key to your chances of securing an MBA admission
MBA in CANADA:
|Sr No||Universities||Duration of MBA||Total MBA Fees CAD$ (approx.)|
|1||Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada||1-2years||5,118 to 7,398|
|2||Cape Breton University, Canada||1 year||21,984|
|3||Carleton University, Canada||16 months||26,077|
|4||Odette School of Business at University of Windsor, Canada||14 months||26,406|
|5||University of New Brunswick at Saint John, Canada||1 year||26,326|
|6||Lakehead University, Canada||1 year||27,849|
|7||Wilfrid Laurier University -Waterloo Campus, Canada||1 year||28,609|
|8||Laurentian University, Canada||1 year||29,824|
|9||HEC Montreal, Canada||1 year||33,800|
|10||Kenneth Levene Graduate School of Business at University of Regina, Canada||33 credit hours||33,891|
|11||Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University, Canada||13 credits (11 courses); typically 1 year||31000 to 34000 (if foundation course is included)|
|12||Royal Military College, Canada||14 1 credit courses||34,400 for 3 terms|
|13||University of Victoria, Canada||17 to 21 months||35,671|
|14||University of New Brunswick at Fredericton, Canada||2 years||36,000|
|15||Vancouver Island University, Canada||1 year to 1.2 years||36,145 – 41,994|
|16||Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary’s University, Canada||16 months||39,434|
|17||University of Ottawa, Canada||1 year||41,950|
|18||John Molson School of Business at Concordia University, Canada||16 months -2years||42,000|
|19||Asper School of Business at University of Manitoba, Canada||1 to 2years||42,523.74|
|20||University of Saskatchewan, Canada||1 year||42,840|
|21||Royal Roads University, Canada||18 months||46,430|
|22||Segal Graduate School of Business at Simon Fraser University, Canada||1.4 year||46,500|
|23||Alberta School of Business at University of Alberta, Canada||16 – 20 months||51,020|
|24||Brock University, Canada||1 to 2 years||51,647.40|
|25||Haskayne School of Business at University of Calgary, Canada||20 months||57,615.60|
|26||Dalhousie University, Canada||2 years||65,000|
|27||Sauder School of Business at University of British Columbia (Sauders MBA), Canada||16 month||65,998.00|
|28||DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University (McMaster MBA), Canada||16 months||71,800|
|29||DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University (McMaster MBA), Canada||28 months||77,600|
|30||Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University (McGill MBA), Canada||2 years||79,500|
|31||Smith School of Business at Queen’s University (Queens MBA), Canada||12 months||89,000|
|32||Schulich School Business at York University (Schulich MBA), Canada||16-20 months||89,325|
|33||Richard Ivey School of Business at Western University (Ivey MBA), Canada||1 year||96,750|
|34||Joseph L. Rotman School of Management at University of Toronto (Rotman MBA), Canada||2 years||1,05,690.00|
Reputed MBA Programs in Canada
Some known MBA programs in Canada with duration and GMAT requirement are as follows (note: these are only a few and the list is extensive):
- Brock University, Canada, September, 2 Years, GMAT 550
- Carleton University, Canada, September, 12-18 months, GMAT 550
- Concordia University, Canada, Sept, Jan, May, 16-24 months, GMAT 600
- Dalhousie University, Canada, September, 2 years, GMAT 550
- McGill University, Canada, September, 2 years, GMAT 570
- McMaster University, Canada, September, 2 years, GMAT 600
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada, September, 2 years, GMAT 500
- Queen’s University, Canada, May, 1 year, GMAT 600
- Royal Roads University, Canada, April, 2 years, GMAT
- Saint Mary’s University, Canada, September, 2 years, GMAT 500
- Simon Fraser University, Canada, Sept, Jan, May, 4 semesters, GMAT 550
- University of Alberta, Canada, 16-20 months, GMAT 550
- University of British Columbia, Canada, September, 15 months, GMAT 550
- University of Calgary, Canada, September, 16-20 months, GMAT 550
- University of Manitoba, Canada, August, 11 months, GMAT 500
- University of New Brunswick, Canada, October, 12 months, GMAT 500
- University of Ottawa, Canada, August, 15 months, GMAT 550 (at least a 50th percentile overall score on the GMAT, achieving a score above the 45th percentile for each individual component and a score of 4.5 on the essay writing)
- University of Saskatchewan, Canada, September, 2 years, GMAT 600
- University of Toronto, Canada, September, 2 years, GMAT 650 +
- University of Victoria, Canada, August, 17 months, GMAT 560
- Western University, Canada, September, 2 years, GMAT 550
- University of Windsor, Canada, September, 2 Years, GMAT 550 (minimum quantitative score of 30 and minimum verbal score of 26 required)
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada, August, 1 year, GMAT 550
- York University, Canada, Jan, Sept, 16-20 months, GMAT 600
Ryerson University, Canada, Sept, 1 year, GMAT 600
While GMAT requirement is mentioned above, it is not exact and Universities also look in to other factors that can compensate lower GMAT scores. These could be work experience, personal statement, career aspirations and such other factors
Some B Schools like HEC Montreal, York University, Cape Breton University, University of British Columbia mention that a satisfactory GMAT score is a required. Thus, the above table should only be considered to understand the average requirement of GMAT in Canada rather than literally. Its best to check on the respective University websites or write to the Universities
A 550 score in Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is the average score required by MBA schools in Canada. It could go to as low as 500 to a high of over 600. Universities that are higher in the ranking generally ask for a higher GMAT score. Historically, elite business schools like Joseph L. Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto, Queen’s University, and Richard Ivey School of Business at the Western University have a higher GMAT requirement for being considered for an MBA admission.
Accreditation in Canada. Which MBA to select in Canada?
Generally, MBA programs in Canada will be accredited by one of the three accrediting bodies. These are AACSB, AMBA, or EQUIS. Several MBA courses are accredited by a combination of two of these or by all three. Accreditation gives business schools international credibility and status since they pass through rigorous criteria. You know you are safe when you are joining one of the accredited programs.
All AACSB Accredited Business Schools in Canada
AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) is a process of voluntary, non-governmental review of educational institutions and programs. Institutional accreditation reviews entire colleges and universities, while specialized agencies award accreditation for professional programs and academic units in particular fields of study. As a specialized agency, AACSB International grants accreditation for undergraduate and graduate business administration and accounting programs
- Faculty of Business, Brock University
- John Molson School of Business, Concordia University
- Faculty of Management, Dalhousie University
- HEC Montreal
- DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University
- Faculty of Business Administration, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- School of Business, Queen’s University
- Sobey School of Business, Saint Mary’s University
- Segal Graduate School of Business, Simon Fraser University
- Faculte des Sciences de l’Administration, Universite Laval
- School of Business, University of Alberta
- Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
- Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
- Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba
- Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
- Joseph L. Rotman School of Business, University of Toronto
- School of Business & Economics, Wilfrid Laurier University
All EQUIS Accredited Business Schools in Canada
European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) is granted by the European Federation of Management Development (EFMD) to business schools demonstrating that they deliver high quality education for international management. EQUIS is not primarily focused on the MBA or any other specific program; its scope covers all programs offered by an institution from the first degree up to the PhD. Many B Schools prefer EQUIS accreditation and its also popular amongst European MBA School
- Faculty of Business, University of Victoria
- Queens School of Business, Queens University
- Richard Ivey School of Business, Western University
- HEC Montreal
- Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
- Faculte des Sciences de l’Administration, Universite Laval
All AMBA Accredited Business Schools in Canada
Established in 1967, the Association of MBAs often referred to as AMBA is the international impartial authority on postgraduate business education. Its accreditation service is a recognized global credential for all MBA, DBA and MBM programs. AMBA accreditation is also the most preferred accreditation in Europe and most business schools would aim to be accredited by AMBA
- Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
- School of Business, Queens University
- HEC Montreal
- Schulich School of Business, York University
MBA in Canada: Fee Range
MBA Canada Fee Range: Less than or around 20000$ (CAD)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
MBA Canada Fee Range: Between 20000$ (CAD) and 30000$ (CAD)
- Cape Breton University, Canada
- Carleton University, Canada
- Odette School of Business at University of Windsor, Canada
- University of New Brunswick at Saint John, Canada
- Lakehead University, Canada
- Wilfrid Laurier University -Waterloo Campus, Canada
- Laurentian University, Canada
MBA Canada Fee Range: Between 30001$ (CAD) and 40000$ (CAD)
- HEC Montreal, Canada
- Kenneth Levene Graduate School of Business at University of Regina, Canada
- Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University, Canada
- Royal Military College, Canada
- University of Victoria, Canada
- University of New Brunswick at Fredericton, Canada
- Vancouver Island University, Canada
- Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary’s University, Canada
MBA Canada Fee Range: Between 40001$ (CAD) and 50000$ (CAD)
- University of Ottawa, Canada
- John Molson School of Business at Concordia University, Canada
- Asper School of Business at University of Manitoba, Canada
- University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Royal Roads University, Canada
- Segal Graduate School of Business at Simon Fraser University, Canada
MBA Canada Fee Range: Between 50001$ (CAD) and 70000$ (CAD)
- Brock University, Canada
- Haskayne School of Business at University of Calgary, Canada
- Dalhousie University, Canada
- Sauder School of Business at University of British Columbia (Sauders MBA), Canada
MBA Canada Fee Range: Between 70000$ (CAD) and 80000$ (CAD)
- DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University (McMaster MBA), Canada
- DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University (McMaster MBA), Canada
- sautels Faculty of Management at McGill University (McGill MBA), Canada
MBA Canada Fee Range: Between 80001$ (CAD) and 100000$ (CAD)
- Smith School of Business at Queen’s University (Queens MBA), Canada
- Schulich School Business at York University (Schulich MBA), Canada
- Richard Ivey School of Business at Western University (Ivey MBA), Canada
MBA Canada Fee Range: Over 100000$ (CAD)
- Joseph L. Rotman School of Management at University of Toronto (Rotman MBA), Canada
Admission requirement for studying MBA in Canada:
A well crafted resume goes a long way. It should clearly talk about your employment, education, and achievements. Generally, we recommend that your resume / CV should be should only be of one page. Here is where you can get a simple explanation on what can appear on a smart resume TRANSCRIPTS
- A transcript is a must and needs to be submitted to all Canadian Universities that you are applying to
- A transcript is an official record from your current or former institution giving a breakdown of the marks or grades you have achieved during all the years of your degree level study
- If you are in your 3rd year of study (degree college), your College will print all the subjects and the scores achieved in 1 or 2 (sometimes 3 or higher) pages (on their letter head) and will stamp, sign and seal it for you in an envelope
- An official transcript should show the official seal/logo of the issuing institution, and/or an authenticating signature should be provided
- If you have not yet completed your current course of study, your College should be able to provide an official interim transcript showing your marks achieved to date
- A transcript is available from your School/College and every School/College has its own format – you have apply for the transcript at the School/College
- It takes time to acquire your transcript — hence, apply early
GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test): It is necessary for candidates to score high GMAT score to seek admissions in business school. Its best to take it before September in the year prior to when you are joining. Students generally take about 2.5 to 3 months to prepare for the test. The validity of GMAT is 5 years. You can know more about GMAT here
In order to get admission in the Canadian universities, candidates need to demonstrate English language competency by scoring high in TOEFL or IELTS exams. In IELTS, the preferred score is 7.0 or 6.5 (out of 9) and in TOEFL iBT, the preferred score is 100 or higher but different Universities have TOEFL requirement starting from 80 (out of 120). Both TOEFL and IELTS test dates are available each month. Learn more about TOEFL or IELTS
Compelling essays highlight your most salient attributes and make you stand out to the admission committee. Most Canadian MBA programs would require you to write 2 to 3 topical essays which come with a word or a character count. Admissions to Top MBA programs is based on what you bring to the table through these essays – Canadian Universities will want to see your leadership skills, networking skills, interpersonal skills, team work abilities, ability to perform and sustain under pressure, and more qualities. Answers to these essays must be as candid as possible.
Some examples of questions that Universities may ask are like:
Describe one incident where you had to display your leadership skills? (300 words)
What are your long-term goals? (300 words)
Discuss about a challenging situation at work and how did you handle it? (400 words)
Letter of Recommendation
A recommendation letter that highlight candidates’ achievements in academic or professional world would add great value to the candidature.
- It is advisable to get such references from one’s academic institution (professors / directors) or from workplace (reporting manager / CEO) that highlight the leadership qualities and other managerial skills. Your immediate supervisor is generally considered to be in the best position to have been able to observe and assess your capabilities. So, always have at least one recommendation letter from the person whom you directly report to
- Mostly Canadian Business Schools for MBA applicants prefer an online recommendation. You will need to register the referees online (in the online application portal). Your referee will receive an email from the #BSchool and your referee will have to following the instructions to submit the recommendation online. While registering the referees, it is preferred to have the Institutional or Organizational email id (not gmail, yahoo, outlook, etc.)
- Your referees will have to submit the recommendation before the MBA application deadline
- Most Canadian Universities will ask for at least 2 or sometimes 3 recommendations
Few Universities do not ask for work experience however there are several which would require work experience of minimum 1- 2 yrs and above. Having minimum work experience does not guarantee an admission. It is just a minimum requirement to be eligible to apply. Average work experience of current students in most of the universities could be 2yrs to 3yrs and higher.
You may have an interview which is usually the last step during the admission process. These interviews could be conducted by a faculty member or a staff or an alumni or a third party representative appointed by the business school. These interview are more often informal in nature and are meant for information exchange. Such interviews allow university representatives to judge the candidates’ focus, passion, future career goals and personality.
Our experience says that interviews last anything between 15 to 45 minutes. These interviews may through a telephone call or via skype
How we help?
We explain the complete process of studying in Canada. We assess your profile and understand your suitability to study MBA. We suggest areas of profile development. We help you with your career path, goal setting, suggesting you to go through the right list of MBA programs in Canada and much more. We also get in to the discussion about MBA specialization, work permit in Canada, permanent residency in Canada (Canada PR as you might call it!), immigration to Canada and more – literally helping you form future career path
Based on your interest area, future plans, career objectives, budget and several other factors, we help you select the right MBA programs in Canada you must apply to. This is very important because you spend application fees per university, send out couriers and invest more during the process and not applying to the right set of Universities would mean a loss of money and time. We categorically suggest Ambitious, Moderate and Safe University options from which you can select from so as to create the right set of final 5 to 6 Universities
We guide you with your documents required for applying to MBA programs in Canada. This includes helping you build and edit the right CV, editing suggestions to strengthen your essays and SOP, providing guidance on your recommendation letter content, and more. We are one of the leading overseas education consultants in the country and essay editing is our forte.
We guide you through the applications to Canadian Business Schools where we plan the complete application, help you bring out your strengths in your application, help you fill the application forms correctly, check the content, rectify any errors, and help you submit the application. This is followed by checking the application documents to be sent to the right department at the University
Follow Up Counseling:
We are always there for you. Universities email you their queries or provide updates on your application. Often times, we follow up with your Universities. After your applications too, generally you are bound to come up with a lot of questions, and we will be happy to help
We help you with any additional scholarship application at this stage which also includes editing of any essays that are required to be submitted to gain the Indian or Canadian University scholarship
Few top Canadian Universities would want to do an interview round with you before finalizing your admissions eg. University of Toronto, Queen’s University, etc. We provide you with mock rounds and help you build your confidence, so that you could establish to the University that you could contribute well to their MBA class
Once your offers are in, we help you finalize on the right Canadian MBA program for you at the right business school in Canada. Often students face a dilemma at this stage when they receive more than one admit
We will guide on how you have to make your fee payment and get your confirmation from the University
We guide you through the complete student visa process including suggesting the right documents, documentation check, applying for appointment, preparing the visa application file, providing mock interview rounds and more
We try to connect you with other students who are going to Canada or who are already studying there
We guide you with booking of your accommodation in Canada to whatever extent that is possible
We update you with useful information like life and living in Canada, about opening bank accounts, different cities, lifestyle in Canada, explain work permit rules, etc.
Shortlisting the right set of Universities and editing essays is the biggest task where students face issues. We have always encouraged our students to join top business schools and with limitless iterations to essays and brainstorming discussions, we believe to have placed students to Canadian Universities that could have been their dream!
Canada Admission CounselingIn case you’re confused about your studies in Canada, we can help you solve the problem. Once we meet you, and your parents or spouse, we ask you questions to get a clearer idea of your preferences, restrictions, and goals. This will allow us to make a range of suggestions with regard to locations and universities. With more discussions we’ll help you pick between them and narrow it down to the right selection of safe, moderate and ambitions options. We will make your process of studying in Canada hassle-free.
- Personal Attention
- Connections with Universities
- Total Solution for Studying Abroad
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
We are experts at what we do. Since 2002 we have helped 1000s of students (personally). As one of the leading overseas education consultants in Mumbai, the collective experience of our team of experts go beyond a 100 years. Many of us have studied abroad and know exactly what your requirements will be, what kind of universities should be best suited for your future, what you need to do to get there.
We are extremely personal. Students ask us 1000s of questions and we enjoy replying to these. You will have one dedicated team member who you will be able to contact throughout the service. We don’t count the number of hours spent on you. We don’t shed away responsibilities. We work on your side and have just one thing in mind—to get you your best in your career.
We enjoy when you get scholarships or you save money. Over 70% of our applicants will earn some form of scholarship / financial aid / bursary.
We keep in touch with Universities. We keep in touch with our past students. We know exactly what a University will require or we can identify it very (very) easily. We help you build your profile, craft a great resume, and statement of purpose (SOP)/essays and bring out the best in you while presenting you to a University. Chances of your admissions evidently rise because we are around.
We help you right from start to end in the process ie. from selecting the right course and university list, documentation preparation, filling out and checking of forms, applying to universities, to securing admission offers, helping you finalize the best choice of university, visa guidance (including documentation, mock interview rounds, application), accommodation booking and much more. Hey! IELTS coaching is also available at our centre. We are brilliant with our essay editing services (remember – you will have to end up writing 18 to 24 essays when you apply to 8 to 10 Universities). We are simply there for everything! #enoughsaid
Mostly all of our students are through word of mouth. You will ENJOY your process and will not have to think how ordinary a question is while you ask us. We reply. We ensure that you remain satisfied. Nearly all our students would give us a 100/100 for our services.
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Canada
a few things, a little bragging
Over 70% students secure some scholarship / funding
16+ years of experience in placing students worldwide