Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to Covid-19 will be able to use that study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa.
The Australian government has announced five key changes to accommodate international students including Indian students:
- The government will recommence granting student visas in all locations lodged outside Australia. This means when borders re-open, students will already have visas and be able to make arrangements to travel.
- International students will be able to lodge a further student visa application free of charge if they are unable to complete their studies within their original visa validity due to Covid-19.
- Current student visa holders studying online outside Australia due to Covid-19 will be able to use that study to count towards the Australian study requirement for a post-study work visa.
- Graduates who held a student visa will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa outside Australia if they are unable to return due to Covid-19.
- Additional time will be given for applicants to provide English language results where Covid-19 has disrupted access to these services.
The Australian Government has taken significant efforts to recognize the contribution of international students to the Australian economy and local communities. The new policies demonstrate an appreciation that international students are vitally important to the economy, contributing USD 40 billion annually to the economy and supporting 250,000 jobs, as well as to the vitality of Australian society.
Study in the UK
As one of top education consultants in Mumbai, our expert counselors will be happy to guide you throughout the process of application, admission, visa and scholarship to the Universities of your choice. Book your free consultation with us today!