Study at Australian Catholic University, Australia
- ACU is ranked among the Top 3% of the universities, globally, Top 100 among the Asia-Pacific Universities and among the Top 10 Catholic universities in the world with an enrollment of over 36,000 students
- ACU is truly international with over 4189 international students enrolled from 107 countries
- ACU has strategic partnerships and alliances with more than 200 university partnerships
- As per the latest Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) evaluation, ACU is ranked number 1 for the quality of research produced in Australian universities against national and international benchmarks.
- ACU boasts of a 89% international student satisfaction rating for program content
- ACU is one of the top three universities in Australia for graduate employment.
Why Study in Australia?
- 15 Years Education Accepted: If you wish to study an MBA in Australia or an MS in Australia, you can directly apply after your Bachelors. You can immediately start your Masters level study in Australia in the same year that you finish your degree program in India since the Indian 3 years Bachelors is accepted by all Australian Universities
- Two Years Stay Back: The post-study work stream of this visa allows international students completing an Australian bachelor, masters or doctoral degree to remain in Australia to gain practical work experience after they graduate. Graduates of bachelor and masters by coursework degrees can apply for a two-year work visa at the completion of their degree; masters by research graduates are eligible for a three-year visa; and PhD graduates can apply for a four-year work visa.
- Education Quality: Quality of Australian education is known to all and you are no exception. Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 ensures that Institutions who enroll international students are registered with Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This ensures that Institutions meet stringent standards, for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) links 15 school, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system.
- Scenic & Friendly: One of the most beautiful and the friendliest country in the world
- English-speaking Country: Australia is an English speaking country and therefore, students will have no trouble in moving around and integrating themselves with the locals.
- Work and Study: With an Australian student visa, a student can work up to 40 hours a week in an occupation requiring basic skills, like at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
- Companies in Australia: Australia has a booming economy, with tourism, hospitality, banking, healthcare, pharma, infrastructure, education, mining with the top 1000 companies in Australia accounting for over 28% of the trade like ANZ Banking, Woolworths, Wesfarmers, Rio Tinto, NSW Health, NAB, Telstra among several others.
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Australia’s per-capita GDP is greater than that of the UK, Canada, Germany and France in terms of parity in purchase power. Per Capita GDP (PPP) Australia is ranked 18th in the world (CIA World Factbook 2016). The country was ranked second in the United Nations 2019 Human Development Index and sixth in The Economist’s quality-of-life index.
- Tax Structure: An equitable tax structure, you can earn upto $18, 500 tax free and thereon, there is progressive tax, resulting in greater savings, in a pay-as-you-go scheme.
- Permanent Residency: Australia offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country especially if your occupation is on the National Occupation List (NOC) and you make the point system sing for you!
So all in all, ONE year Masters + 2 Year’s Work Permit + Opportunity to Settle Down with access to work in the country that offers you among the best work/life balance and brilliant medical facilities, opera, theatres, beaches, wildlife safaris and much much more!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Australia, check out our Why Study in Australia page
Entry Requirements to Study at Australian Catholic University, Australia
General entry requirements (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Postgraduate Courses: At least 50% in Bachelors (we recommend 55%) or CGPA of 6.5 or higher (on a scale of 10). IELTS: 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in each module (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th): 70% or higher for most courses (IBDP: 31 predicted or higher). IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in each module (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
ACU MBA: Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of professional work experience after graduation (which does not include summer placements, part-time or temporary work experience). IELTS: 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in each module or TOEFL iBT: 100 (with min. score of 24 in writing, and min. 20 in reading, listening and speaking).
Australian Catholic University Scholarships
ACU offers a range of scholarships for Indian students and even for Catholic students. Scholarships are upto 100% of the tuition fee. We encourage students to apply for ACU scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the ACU scholarship application process at no cost
Several of the University and Australian Government scholarships for Indian students:
ACU International Student Scholarship – The scholarship will cover half of the full-time fees for the minimum duration of the undergraduate/postgraduate course. ILW India advises students to apply early as there are only 20 such scholarships given, per intake.
Australian Government Research and Training Program (AGRTP) Scholarship – Offered by the Australian Government, the scholarship covers tuition fee and health insurance of the student for up to three years for a Master’s/Ph.D student.
Endeavour Leadership Program – Funded by the Australian Government, the program rewards international students with leadership skills to explore research opportunities in their field of study, particularly for the Masters and PhD programs with the stipulation of the duration being up to two years for masters and four years for PhD
ACU Student Travel and Training Grant (STTG): This scholarship is for students, undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) undertaking a conference, humanitarian activity, practicum, or other training. The activity must be undertaken within 6 months before or after the application closing date.
ACU Academic Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship rewards undergraduate and graduate students for their high achievement and is a lump sum payment of $5000
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS): for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses (Comprehensive scholarship covering medical, airfare, tuition etc.): Masters-level scholarships will be offered to exceptional Indian graduate students from high-performing institutions to study at one of Australia’s world-class universities. Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offered by the Australian Government. With the AAS, your entire cost of study will be offset.
International PG Research Scholarship Award: Aimed at enabling excellent scholastic international students to study in Australia for the Master’s degree, the benefit of this scholarship is extensive and is offered on yearly basis.
Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF): Specifically aimed at mutual sectors of cooperation agreed upon by Australia and India in the fields of nanotechnology, agriculture, ICT, Marine Sciences etc., the scholarship enables Indian researchers to spend time at Australian institutions. The fellowships help to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration and are generally term based scholarships covering all costs of the study, including return airfare, medical, tuition, stipend etc.
SAARC Commonwealth Fellowships: Scholarships and fellowships are offered annually under this scheme to candidates from Commonwealth countries mainly for postgraduate studies, though a few awards may be made available for undergraduate studies.
American Catholic University, Australia Deadline for Applications:
While there is no official deadline for applications, courses at ACU fill up very fast. Typically, applicants may wish to apply by October in the previous year to when they hope to begin their course at ACU eg. if you are planning on a September 2020 start, you should apply by September 2019 preferably.
Masters level courses at ACU especially computing or business related like Biomedical Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Science, Business Analytics, Networks and Communications etc are in demand and we suggest you apply at the earliest for these courses. The research programmes at ACU are superlative and we, at ILW India, suggest that if you would like to apply to ACU, do speak with us and then, begin planning your study. We have the experience and the proven track record to enable your dreams of an ACU education come true.
Contact Us to Apply for Australian Catholic University Australia
Courses at Australian Catholic University Australia
Postgraduate Courses at Australian Catholic University Australia
Undergraduate Courses at Australian Catholic University Australia
Foundation Courses at Australian Catholic University Australia
Research Courses at Australian Catholic University Australia
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia