Study at Business and Hotel Management School Switzerland
Reasons to choose BHMS
- Great Location: The BHMS campus buildings and student residences are located in the heart of the beautiful city of Luzern, within walking-distance from each other and from the city center itself. This makes life for students easy as well as saves money in traveling.
- Internship and Fast track Bachelors Degree: BHMS (together with The Robert Gordon University, UK) has designed one of the fastest track BA Degrees in Switzerland without compromising its educational quality. At BHMS, students can achieve a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Hotel and Hospitality Management in 18 months of study plus an 18-month paid internship period.
- Multiple Certificates: Students get the unique advantage of getting a Swiss certificate as well as a UK degree, thereby helping in the job industry.
- Guaranteed Internship & Graduate Placement: At BHMS, students get a guaranteed internship. Additionally, students can earn about CHF 2212 to CHF 2396 (INR 1.5 lacs approx.) per month. Furthermore, the internship is for 6 months each year on all programs. Lastly, students also get a guaranteed placement after the course. It’s a great value for money!
- Diversity: 65 nationalities are present at BHMS
- Unique 5 term system: BHMS has implemented a unique system of education by dividing a 20-week semester into four mini-terms of 5 weeks each. This system enables students to focus on only 3 to 4 academic subjects at a time instead of the usual 8-10 subjects as in other Swiss hotel schools
- Membership: BHMS is a full member of EURHODIP – The Leading Hotel Schools in Europe
Guaranteed Internship & Graduate Placement at BHMS
Guaranteed Internship by BHMS
Industry training is an integral part of the study program at BHMS. During every academic year, students are required to carry out a 4-6 month industry training period in a hotel or a restaurant approved by BHMS.
BHMS students have got internships at these famous hotels:
- Marriott Courtyard, Zurich
- Marriott, Zurich
- Mövenpick Hotel Zurich Airport, Zurich
- Crown Plaza Hotel, Zurich
- Hotel Savoy, Zurich
- Carlton Hotel, St. Moritz
- Hotel La Réserve, Geneva
- NH Rex Hotel, Geneva
- Hotel Warwick, Geneva
- Grand Hotel Europe, Luzern
- Astoria Hotel, Luzern
- Hotel Terrace, Engelberg
- Continental Park Hotel, Lugano
Graduate Work Placement by BHMS
BHMS works with numerous international placement agencies that specialize in placing graduate students in Europe, Asia and North America. A Career and Placement Counselor assists students with placements in hotels and restaurants in Switzerland and abroad.
Popular hotels where BHMS graduates have joined:
- Egerton Grey County House, Cardiff, UK
- Mandarin Oriental, Sanya, China
- Soho Grand Hotel, New York City, USA
- Tribeca Grand Hotel, New York City, USA
- Bacara Resort & Spa, Santa Barbara, California, USA
- Ventana Inn & Spa, Big Sur, California, USA
- Conrad Miami, Florida, USA
- Marriott Harbour Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Resort Quest, Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA
- Loews Miami Beach Hotel, Florida, USA
- Windsor Court Hotel, New Orleans, USA
- Miraval, Catalina, Arizona, USA
- Sheraton Nashville Downtown Hotel, Nashville, Texas, USA
Cost of Study at BHMS
Course fee for undergraduate degrees at BHMS (incl. Diploma, Higher Diploma, Bachelor) is CHF 22100 to CHF 23100 depending on the program.
Cost of Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality at BHMS is CHF 25100, while Postgraduate Diploma in Culinary Arts costs CHF 23100. Masters courses cost CHF 25100 and the MBA Dual Degree costs CHF 29100.
Other costs including application fee, shared accommodation, meal plans, operating expenses could be CHF 7800 per year.
BHMS Entry Requirements
Typical entry requirement for BHMS Diploma:
- Minimum 17 years of age with successfully completed minimum 11 year secondary education.
- English language skills at a level of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.
Typical entry requirement for BHMS Higher Diploma:
- Minimum 18 years of age with a successfully completed Diploma (or equivalent).
- English language skills at a level of IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
Typical entry requirement for BHMS Bachelor Degree:
- Minimum 19 years of age with a successfully completed B.H.M.S. Higher Diploma (or equivalent).
- English language skills at a level of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent certificate in order to receive an offer by the university.
Typical entry requirement for BHMS Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Management and/or Culinary Arts:
- Associate Degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of work experience.
- IELTS 5.0 level or equivalent.
Typical entry requirement for BHMS Master Degree:
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline, or
BHMS PG Diploma or RGU Graduate Certificate.
- IELTS 6.0 level or equivalent.
Typical entry requirement for BHMS MBA Dual Degree:
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline
- IELTS 6.0 level or equivalent
- 2-3 years work experience
Intakes (Start Dates) at BHMS
BHMS offers 8 intakes in a year, thus saving time. Students can join in any of these months based on the programs:
- Intakes for Diploma and Higher Diploma: Jan, Feb, Apr, May, Jul, Aug, Sep, Nov
- Intakes for Bachelor degree: Feb, Aug, Nov
- Intakes for Masters: Feb, May, Aug, Nov
- Intakes for MBA: Sep (from 2020, BHMS will be offering one more intake)
- Intakes for Graduate Certificate: May, Aug, Nov
- Intakes for PG Diploma in Hospitality: Feb, May, Aug, Nov
- Intakes for PG Diploma in Culinary: Jan, Feb, Apr, May, Jul, Aug, Sep, Nov
Study in Switzerland
As one of the leading overseas education consultants in Mumbai, we will help students right from start to end in the process of studying in Switzerland incl. application, essay editing, admission, scholarship, visa guidance, accommodation booking, etc. It’s a free service for students applying through us. Contact us now to take the advantage!
Contact Us to Apply for Business and Hotel Management School
Courses at Business and Hotel Management School
Postgraduate Courses at Business and Hotel Management School
Postgraduate Hospitality / Global Programs
- M.Sc. Degree in International Hospitality Business Management
- M.Sc. Degree Global Business Management
- MBA Dual Degree
- Postgraduate Diploma Hospitality Management
- Graduate Certificate in Hospitality Business Management
Postgraduate Culinary Arts Programs
Undergraduate Courses at Business and Hotel Management School
Undergraduate Hospitality and Global Management Programs
- Diploma Hospitality Management
- Higher Diploma Hospitality Management
- BA Degree Hospitality Management
- BA Degree Global Business Management
- Hotelier HF
Undergraduate Culinary Arts Programs
Foundation Courses at Business and Hotel Management School
Research Courses at Business and Hotel Management School
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Switzerland