Study at Carnegie Mellon University, Australia
- CMU – A’s Australian campus was founded in 2006, making it Australia’s first international university
- CMU – A has an enviable faculty student ratio and all the courses offered are accredited by the Australian AQF, TEQSA as well as Middle States Commission on Higher Education, US. So the students at CMU – A’s Adelaide campus gain an advantage in the accreditation of their qualifications.
- CMU – A is a world leader in Robotics and CMU – A’s researchers are currently working on a robot for Google’s Lunar X mission.
- CMU – A holds a worldwide reputation for being the no.1 startup incubator university globally
- Located in Adelaide, the repute and the might of Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA remains pristine.
Carnegie Mellon University Ranking
Carnegie Mellon University, Australia ranked:
- 23rd globally by Times Higher Education
- #1 University in the world for Robotics by THE Times Higher Education’s World University Rankings – 2019
Why Study in Australia?
- 15 Years Education Accepted: If you wish to study an MBA in Australia or an MS in Australia, you can directly apply after your Bachelors. You can immediately start your Masters level study in Australia in the same year that you finish your degree program in India since the Indian three years of Bachelors is accepted by all Australian Universities
- Two Years Work Permit after course: The post-study work stream of this visa allows international students completing an Australian bachelor, masters or doctoral degree to remain in Australia to gain practical work experience after they graduate. Graduates of bachelor and masters by coursework degrees can apply for a two-year work visa at the completion of their degree; masters by research graduates are eligible for a three-year visa, and PhD graduates can apply for a four-year work visa in Australia.
- Education Quality: Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act, 2000 which ensures that institutions who enroll international students are registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This ensures that Institutions meet stringent standards for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) links 15 schools, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system which assures of a stellar education delivery system.
- Scenic & Friendly: The golden sands of the famed beaches along the Gold Coast, the Koala bears, the Aboriginal people as well as the classic Aussie drawl that gives Australia a distinct character of its own.
- English-speaking Country: Australia is an English speaking country and therefore, students will have no trouble in moving around and integrating themselves with the locals.
- Work and Study: With an Australian student visa, a student can work up to 40 hours a week in an occupation requiring basic skills like at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
- Companies in Australia: Australia has a booming economy, with tourism, hospitality, banking, healthcare, pharma, infrastructure, education, mining with the top 1000 companies in Australia accounting for over 28% of the trade like ANZ Banking, Woolworths, Wesfarmers, Rio Tinto, NSW Health, NAB, Telstra among several others.
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Australia’s per-capita GDP is greater than that of the UK, Canada, Germany and France in terms of parity in purchase power. Per Capita GDP (PPP) Australia is ranked 18th in the world (CIA World Factbook 2016). The country was ranked second in the United Nations 2019 Human Development Index and sixth in The Economist’s quality-of-life index.
- Permanent Residency: Australia offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country,especially if your occupation is on the National Occupation List (NOC)!
So all in all, TWO year Master’s (Coursework) + 2 Years Work Permit. Additionally, students who complete their Master’s study by research and Doctoral degree holders are eligible to apply for a three and four year post study work visa in Australia, respectively. Take this opportunity to settle down and Immigrate to Australia – a country that offers you among the best work/life balance and brilliant medical facilities, opera, theater, beaches, wildlife safaris and much much more!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Australia, check out our Why Study in Australia page
Entry Requirements to Study at Carnegie Mellon University, Australia
General entry requirements (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Postgraduate Courses: At least 58 % in Bachelors (we recommend 55%) or CGPA of 6 or higher (on a scale of 10). IELTS: 6.5 overall with no less than 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th): Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) with an average of 72 % Higher Secondary Certificate (State Board) with an average of 62 %. IELTS: 6.5 overall with no less than 6.5 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
CMU MBA: Bachelor’s degree with two years work experience after graduation (which does not include summer placements, part-time or temporary work experience). IELTS: 6.5 overall with no less than 6.5 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Carnegie Mellon University, Australia Scholarships
CMU – A offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. We encourage students to apply for the CMU – A scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the CMU – A scholarship application process at no cost
Scholarships for International Students
CMU – A Academic Merit Scholarship – This scholarship offers a 40% tuition waiver for deserving international students and is a commitment of the university to welcoming scholastically gifted students from abroad
CMU Australia Scholarships for International Students – These scholarships are awarded to eligible students from Asia, South America and Africa who have applied for Carnegie Mellon University Australia’s master programs. The scholarships are is valued at AUD $20,000, per instance for the duration of 21-month masters degrees, and AUD $15,000 for the duration of 12-month masters degrees
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS): for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses (Comprehensive scholarship covering medical, airfare, tuition etc.): Masters-level scholarships will be offered to exceptional Indian graduate students from high-performing institutions to study at one of Australia’s world-class universities. Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offered by the Australian Government. With the AAS, your entire cost of study will be offset.
International PG Research Scholarship Award: Aimed at enabling excellent scholastic international students to study in Australia for the Master’s degree, the benefit of this scholarship is extensive and is offered on yearly basis.
Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF): Specifically aimed at mutual sectors of cooperation agreed upon by Australia and India in the fields of nanotechnology, agriculture, ICT, Marine Sciences etc., the scholarship enables Indian researchers to spend time at Australian institutions. The fellowships help to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration and are generally term based scholarships covering all costs of the study, including return airfare, medical, tuition, stipend etc.
Carnegie Mellon University, Australia Deadline for Applications:
The application deadline for admissions to CMU-A in the August intake is April 30th. ILW India advises students to begin applying at least by March, to allow for the university to assess and complete the paperwork.
Masters level courses at CMU-A, especially Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Computing etc. are in demand and we suggest you apply at the earliest for these courses. We, at ILW India, suggest that if you would like to apply to CMU-A, do speak with us for specific program information.
If you would like to know your prospects as an international student in Australia (with scholarship, profile assessment, financial requirements etc.), go ahead and arrange a free consultation with ILW Overseas Education Consultants now. Our Study in Australia counselors and experts can help you successfully apply to the Australian universities and colleges of YOUR CHOICE.
We’ve had some of the most gifted students opt for Australia as their study destination and if you have any queries, our alumni would be happy to answer them. Email us at [email protected] with your query.
ILW India’s decade long experience in the field of Overseas Education is the result of the trust and confidence of thousands of students who have successfully gained scholarships and even, tuition waivers for their study abroad in Australia, USA, Canada and several other countries across the globe. We offer end to end process delivery, right from aptitude testing, career guidance to university selection, visa processing and beyond.
Contact Us to Apply for Carnegie Mellon University Australia
Courses at Carnegie Mellon University Australia
Postgraduate Courses at Carnegie Mellon University Australia
Undergraduate Courses at Carnegie Mellon University Australia
Foundation Courses at Carnegie Mellon University Australia
Research Courses at Carnegie Mellon University Australia
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia