m Study at Cork Institute of Technology (CIT), Ireland
- Formerly known as the Regional Technical College, Cork, CIT has 17,000 students (both part-time and full-time) in art, business, engineering, music, drama and science disciplines.
- Cork Institute of Technology comprises two constituent Faculties and three constituent Colleges. The constituent Faculties are Engineering and Science, and Business and Humanities.
- Being truly research oriented, CIT has the greatest delegated authority to grant PhD’s, after Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT)
- CIT has been felicitated by the Sunday Times as the Institute of Technology of the year on several occasions.
- CIT’s main campus is among the most expansive of the Institutes, with the 80 acre verdant landscape housing several cohorts, research facilities and buildings.
- Nimbus, Rubicon, Blackrock Castle Observatory are some of CIT’s award winning research programs/buildings, aside from strategic academic alliances with Darmstadt University of Germany, UCC, Chabot Space and Science center in Oakland, California.
- CIT has also established various industrial alliances, particularly with Dell EMCand VMware, both of which have a business presence in Cork. The college also maintains close ties with Cisco Systems and the Cisco Networking Academy. CIT is itself both an official VMware and Cisco academy, as well as a Microsoft, Novell and ITIL academy.
Why Study in Ireland
- 2 Years Stay Back: 1 Year Masters / MBA and 2 years Post-study Work Visa. Bachelors degree provides at least 1 year stay back.
- Education Quality: Ireland’s education ranks in the Top 10 in the World
- Safe & Friendly: One of the safest and the friendliest country in the world
- 100% English-speaking Country: Ireland is an English speaking country.
- Companies in Ireland: You name some of the topmost companies and most of them will have their European headquarters (HQs) in Ireland. Ireland has the best of the tech world: Google, HP, Apple, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Amazon, SAP, Twitter, Infosys, TCS, and mostly all. So here’s a list of companies in Ireland (and see how many have their headquarters in Ireland)
- Ireland is the largest exporter of software in the world and rates amongst the top five producers of pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals globally. The ever-increasing demands of this high technology economy have ensured that the higher education technological sector offers the highest and most advanced standards and opportunities available today. 75+ Biopharmaceutical companies are in Ireland. Ireland is the 7th largest exporter of medicinal and pharmaceutical products in the world in 2014
- Tax Structure: The taxation in Ireland for companies is 12.5%. Thus, you will have access to some of the topmost companies’ EU HQs in a smaller country. Again, there are top Institutions in Ireland and since its 100% English speaking, even the Companies prefer to be in Ireland
- Permanent Residency: Ireland offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country if you have a job of over Euro 30000 annually!
So all in all, ONE year Masters + 2 Years Work Permit + Opportunity to Settle Down with access to work in 28 European countries!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Ireland, check out our Why Study in Ireland page
Entry Requirements to Study at Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland
General entry requirements (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th)
CIT MBA/Executive MBA program
Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of professional work experience after graduation. Which does not include summer placements, part-time or temporary work experience. GMAT score of 600 or higher (the average GMAT at CIT is 640). IELTS: 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in each module or TOEFL iBT: 100 (with min. score of 24 in writing, and min. 20 in reading, listening and speaking). All eligible applicants will be interviewed.
Cork Institute of Technology Scholarships
CIT offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. Scholarships are upto 100% of the tuition fee. We encourage students to apply for CIT scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the CIT scholarship application process at no cost
Several Cork Institute of Technology scholarships for Indian students:
Run in association with the Cork Enterprise Board. The CIT Prize for Innovation awards those who’s inventions and business ideas are most creative, novel, innovative, and likely to succeed in the marketplace. This prize is open to all departments and entrants may use a project that form part of their coursework for the year. Entrants must be full-time or part-time students at CIT during the current academic year. Postgraduate students are also eligible.
This scholarship is open to any student who has been accepted to study the Honours Degree in Biomedical Engineering at CIT.
This scholarship is open to any student who has been accepted to study the Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering at CIT.
This scholarship is open to any student who has applied to study the Honours Degree in Structural Engineering at CIT.
This is a four-year undergraduate scholarship for women studying a Computer Science course at Cork Institute of Technology.
Perpetual Scholarship to be awarded to a Bachelor of Science (Honours) in IT Management student who is specifically pursuing a security forensics course.
The Rísam Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis and research proposals must be aligned with CIT’s Research Prioritisation Thematic areas
The Eolas Scholarship (25%):
The Eolas Scholarship specifically enables deserving international students, a chance to receive a 25% reduction on fees for all years of study
The International Scholarship is available for students of all non-EU countries and the sum total of this scholarship is capped at 15% reduction on fees for all years of study
The Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships are open to students from outside the EU/EEA. They provide an individual stipend of €10,000 and full fee waiver to 60 beneficiaries for one full year study on a Bachelor, Master or PhD programme.
An Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD), is a prestigious, integrated, international study programme, jointly delivered by an international consortium of higher education institutions. EMJMDs award EU-funded scholarships to the best student candidates applying under annual selection rounds. Study must take place in at least two of the programme countries. Part of the studies can also take place where there is a partner-country institution involved. An EMJMD is a study programme of 60, 90 or 120 ECTS. This means that it lasts from a minimum of 12 months, to a maximum of 24 months and is open for Master’s students.
Some of the above scholarships are applicable for Masters level applicants. For undergraduate applications applying to study at CIT after 12th, the second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth scholarship in the above list is applicable.
Cork Institute of Technology (CIT) Deadline for Applications:
While there is no official deadline for applications, courses at CIT fill up very fast. Typically, applicants may wish to apply by October in the previous year to when they hope to begin their course at CIT. Example, if you are planning on a September 2020 start, you should apply by September 2019 preferably.
Masters level courses at Cork Institute of Technology especially computing or business related like Software Engineering, Data Science, Business Analytics, Networks and Communications etc. Are in demand and we suggest you apply at the earliest for these courses.
Cork Institute of Technology’s Business School recommends students to apply before September for the following year’s intake.
Contact Us to Apply for Cork Institute of Technology (CIT), Ireland
Courses at Cork Institute of Technology (CIT), Ireland
Postgraduate Courses at Cork Institute of Technology (CIT), Ireland
Undergraduate Courses at Cork Institute of Technology (CIT), Ireland
Foundation Courses at Cork Institute of Technology (CIT), Ireland
- University 1
- University 2
- University 3
Research Courses at Cork Institute of Technology (CIT), Ireland
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Ireland
Great Counselling related to the entire process . I did my entire process online itself and never faced any issue . My counselor Rupali was always available and helped me in every possible way . Highly recommended company for studies abroad.
My experience with ILW has been delightful. The staff is really helpful and they know how to get work done. Probably the best consultancy for overseas education. I am very thankful especially to Rupali maam, who helped me throughout the process from application to colleges till visa process application. Recommend.
I really appreciate the support and advice given by Vishal Badani and their counselor (Rupali) of ILW. They are always available on a call away. I would really recommend this consultant to anyone who is looking for overseas education. Thank you ILW.
International Learning Warehouse is the go-to place for someone who wants to pursue education in a foreign country. ILW guided me right from helping me choose a country that suits my needs, to shortlisting and applying to universities. They are swift, consistent and make the effort to understand what their students want while making recommendations! It is only thanks to ILW that I am going to be pursuing my masters in Ireland in less than 6 months since I made the decision.
I am greatly thankful to ‘ILW’ for their invaluable guidance & support to achieve my goal of going abroad for my higher studies. I experienced that all the team members, specially Rupali is extremely professionals & competent in dealing with difficult situations. She has been helpful throughout the process & also stay in touch even after the processing is done. There were many ups & downs I went through but their support helped get me going. Their services are totally incredible and the guidance is given in a very systematic way, moreover Rupali has always guided me with the best of suggestions which beginant for students like me. I heartily express my gratitude and thank ILW and Rupali who are with me in each and every step I have taken towards getting myself in my dream come true of abroad studies. God bless you all !!!!!!
ILW helped me in every stage of my application process. The guidance provided by them was very detailed and up to the mark. Very satisfied with the service they provided and the amount of knowledge the entire team has regarding the process of the overseas education.
Had an amazing experience with ILW. Roopali maam helped me patiently in the best way possible.Everything went easy and smooth, helped me do everything regarding abroad studies right from sop to visa . If confused with abroad studies, ILW is the best to opt for.