Study at Heriot-Watt University Dubai
About Heriot-Watt University Dubai:
- Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus is a satellite campus of Heriot-Watt University based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Established in 2005, it was the first campus of an overseas university to open in Dubai International Academic City.
- Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus opened initially in 2005 at the Dubai International Academic City University Complex.
- It originally started with 120 students, with plans to increase the number to 1,500 students within a 5-year time frame. However, the pace of its expansion outstripped this projection, and by 2010 it had reached its original capacity of 2,000 students.
- Construction of Heriot-Watt University’s purpose-built campus in Dubai International Academic City began in 2010.
- This state of the art campus officially opened on 3 November 2011, increasing the capacity of Heriot-Watt Dubai Campus to 4,500 students.
- In 2013 Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus opened its phase 2 campus extension boasting a 700-seater auditorium, male and female onsite accommodation, food court, gymnasium, indoor games room, food court, convenience store, and beauty salon.
- As one of Dubai’s most successful international higher education providers, the student population has now grown to 3,700, with students from more than 90 different countries studying at the campus.
Entry Requirements to Study at Heriot-Watt University Dubai:
General entry requirements for Heriot-Watt University Dubai (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th):
Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) or Higher Secondary Certificate (State Board) with an average of minimum 70 %. But, (80%+) in 12th can be admitted directly into year 2 of our degree programmes. IELTS: 6.0 Overall (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
MBA/Executive MBA program:
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Scholarships:
The university offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. We encourage students to apply for the relevant scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the entire scholarship application process at no cost
Heriot-Watt University Dubai Scholarships for Indian/International students:
A Scholarship of up to 30% of the tuition fee for up to 30 students will be offered to students who have excelled in any sport at the national/international level.
International Students Scholarship:
A special International Student Scholarship of up to 50% of the tuition fee will be offered to a maximum of 50 students. This scholarship will be open to all applicants for any of the foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Merit students may qualify for a direct entry into the second year of a undergraduate programme. Details of the criteria for direct admission into second year are listed on our programme pages and are available in the University’s Admissions Office, however the decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
Application Deadlines to study at Heriot-Watt University
Most students apply 6–10 months in advance of their chosen intake. There are two intakes – September and January
Study in the Dubai
As one of the leading Dubai Education Consultants in Mumbai, and our experienced Dubai counselors can guide you through the complete application process for all Dubai Universities. Contact ILW Education Consultants today for free consultation and application!
Contact Us to Apply for Heriot-Watt University Dubai
Courses at Heriot-Watt University Dubai
Postgraduate Courses at Heriot-Watt University Dubai
Undergraduate Courses at Heriot-Watt University Dubai
Foundation Courses at Heriot-Watt University Dubai
Research Courses at Heriot-Watt University Dubai
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Dubai