Study at Queensland University of Technology Australia
- Queensland University of Technology was was founded in 1965, where it was christened as the Queensland Institute of Technology.
- Queensland University of Technology boasts of over 50,800 students with over $1.06 billion in revenue for 2018.
- Queensland University of Technology’s Business School is ranked in the Top 1% globally whereas the university itself is among the Top 250 universities across the globe as per the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018.
- Rhodes Scholarships provide opportunities for outstanding all-round students to study at the University of Oxford and the students at Queensland University of Technology with one such scholarship earmarked annually for the university.
- Queensland University of Technology has a Bronze Award under the Athena SWAN Charter, an accreditation program designed to enhance gender equity and diversity in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- Queensland University of Technology’s STEM initiatives have borne fruit as the institution is ranked 9th across Australia for the research block income.
Why Study in Australia?
- 15 Years Education Accepted: If you wish to study an MBA in Australia or an MS in Australia, you can directly apply after your Bachelors. You can immediately start your Masters level study in Australia in the same year that you finish your degree program in India since the Indian three years of Bachelors is accepted by all Australian Universities
- Two Years Work Permit after course: The post-study work stream of this visa allows international students completing an Australian bachelor, masters or doctoral degree to remain in Australia to gain practical work experience after they graduate. Graduates of bachelor and masters by coursework degrees can apply for a two-year work visa at the completion of their degree; masters by research graduates are eligible for a three-year visa, and PhD graduates can apply for a four-year work visa in Australia.
- Education Quality: Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act, 2000 which ensures that institutions who enroll international students are registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This ensures that Institutions meet stringent standards for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) links 15 schools, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system which assures of a stellar education delivery system.
- Scenic & Friendly: The golden sands of the famed beaches along the Gold Coast, the Koala bears, the Aboriginal people as well as the classic Aussie drawl that gives Australia a distinct character of its own.
- English-speaking Country: Australia is an English speaking country and therefore, students will have no trouble in moving around and integrating themselves with the locals.
- Work and Study: With an Australian student visa, a student can work up to 40 hours a week in an occupation requiring basic skills like at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
- Companies in Australia: Australia has a booming economy, with tourism, hospitality, banking, healthcare, pharma, infrastructure, education, mining with the top 1000 companies in Australia accounting for over 28% of the trade like ANZ Banking, Woolworths, Wesfarmers, Rio Tinto, NSW Health, NAB, Telstra among several others.
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Australia’s per-capita GDP is greater than that of the UK, Canada, Germany and France in terms of parity in purchase power. Per Capita GDP (PPP) Australia is ranked 18th in the world (CIA World Factbook 2016). The country was ranked second in the United Nations 2019 Human Development Index and sixth in The Economist’s quality-of-life index.
- Permanent Residency: Australia offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country,especially if your occupation is on the National Occupation List (NOC)!
So all in all, TWO year Master’s (Coursework) + 2 Years Work Permit. Additionally, students who complete their Master’s study by research and Doctoral degree holders are eligible to apply for a three and four year post study work visa in Australia, respectively. Take this opportunity to settle down and Immigrate to Australia – a country that offers you among the best work/life balance and brilliant medical facilities, opera, theater, beaches, wildlife safaris and much much more!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Australia, check out our Why Study in Australia page
Entry Requirements to Study at Queensland University of Technology, Australia
General entry requirements (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Postgraduate Courses: At least 55 % in Bachelors or CGPA of 5.5 or higher (on a scale of 10). IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 6.0 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th): Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) with an average of 60 % Higher Secondary Certificate (State Board) with an average of 65 %. IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in the writing module and 5.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
QUT MBA: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade of 4.5 on 7 scale with a 550 GMAT score and three years of post-degree full time work experience. IELTS: 6.5 with no less than 6.5 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Queensland University of Technology Scholarships
QUT offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. We encourage students to apply for the QUT scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the QUT scholarship application process at no cost.
Several of the University and Australian Government scholarships for Indian students:
Process Engineering Masters by research scholarship – Offered by the University, this scholarship offers a living allowance of $30,000 for one year and even fee scholarships for deserving international students who want to pursue bioprocess engineering and industrial research, hosted by QUT Science and Engineering faculty and AMPC.
International Merit double degree scholarship – This scholarship offers tuition assistance of 25% for each semester aimed at future international science and engineering, business and creative industries undergraduate double degree students.
MBA and EMBA Scholarships: This scholarship offers tuition a tuition fee waiver scholarship, covering a quarter, half or all of your tuition fees OR a merit scholarship, depending on your GMAT score.
QUT Excellence Scholarship: The university offers 90 scholarships worth $30,000 each. The scholarship will be paid as a stipend of up to $3,750 after the HECS-HELP census date of each semester for the standard duration of your course, for up to four years ($7,500 per year). Under the same program, QUT offers 15 scholarships worth $10,000 each. The scholarship will be paid as a study stipend of $2,500 after the HECS-HELP census date of each semester for the first four semesters of your course.
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS): for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses (Comprehensive scholarship covering medical, airfare, tuition etc.): Masters-level scholarships will be offered to exceptional Indian graduate students from high-performing institutions to study at one of Australia’s world-class universities. Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offered by the Australian Government. With the AAS, your entire cost of study will be offset.
Queensland University of Technology, Australia Deadline for Applications:
The application deadline for admissions to Queensland University of Technology would be June. ILW India advises students to begin applying at least seven months prior to the deadline for the university to assess and complete the paperwork.
Masters level courses at the Queensland University of Technology especially Leadership and MBA, Natural and Physical Sciences, Accounting Economics and Finance as well as Engineering are in demand and we suggest you apply at the earliest for these courses. The application intake for the MBA program at QUT are March and September. We, at ILW India, suggest that if you would like to apply to Queensland University of Technology, do speak with us for further details on how you can apply and gain admission to Queensland University of Technology.
If you would like to know your prospects as an international student in Australia (with scholarship, profile assessment, financial requirements etc.), go ahead and arrange a free consultation with ILW Overseas Education Consultants now. Our Study in Australia counselors and experts can help you successfully apply to the Australian universities and colleges of YOUR CHOICE.
We’ve had some of the most gifted students opt for Australia as their study destination and if you have any queries, our alumni would be happy to answer them. Email us at [email protected] with your query.
ILW India’s decade long experience in the field of Overseas Education is the result of the trust and confidence of thousands of students who have successfully gained scholarships and even, tuition waivers for their study abroad in Australia, USA, Canada and several other countries across the globe. We offer end to end process delivery, right from aptitude testing, career guidance to university selection, visa processing and beyond.
Contact Us to Apply for Queensland University of Technology
Courses at Queensland University of Technology
Postgraduate Courses at Queensland University of Technology
Undergraduate Courses at Queensland University of Technology
Foundation Courses at Queensland University of Technology
Research Courses at Queensland University of Technology
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia