Study at School of Advanced Study, University of London
- Founded in 1994, the School of Advanced Study at the University of London is the only institution in the UK that is nationally funded to promote and facilitate research in the humanities.
- It performs a vital role as a driving force for knowledge sharing across the humanities in the UK and beyond, and receives special funding for this purpose from the Office for Students.
- The School’s mission is to maintain and develop the resources of its nine member institutes. Many of which have long and distinguished histories, for the benefit of national and international research communities.
- Underpinning the School’s national role is the research and scholarship generated by its academic staff. Undertaking challenging research that extends the boundaries of knowledge across disciplines and in collaboration with researchers from around the world is critical to the School’s function as an innovative space for advanced study and its commitment to the highest standards of scholarship.
- Six of the institutes offer a range of taught master’s programmes and doctoral supervision in their areas of expertise.
- The School’s location within the University of London precinct in Bloomsbury, central London, allows easy access to the rich cultural amenities of London. The institutes benefit from the participation of visiting researchers and guest speakers working in government, diplomacy, business and development, the cultural and heritage industries, and other universities from around the world.
Entry Requirements to Study at School of Advanced Study, University of London
- Three-year Bachelor’s (honours) degree with a final overall score of 60%, or 8 CGPA or higher (on a scale of 10).
- IELTS: 7.0 with no less than 6.0 in any component. (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
School of Advanced Study, University of London Scholarships
The university offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. We encourage students to apply for the relevant scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the entire scholarship application process at no cost.
Scholarships for Indian/International students:
SAS Convocation Trust Bursary
The Bursary is made available to cover tuition fees up to a maximum of £7,500 and will be awarded to students who have demonstrably excelled in their undergraduate degree.
SAS Coffin Studentships
The School is able to provide two SAS Studentships via the Coffin Fund for Promising Students. In 2019-20, the two awards are £12,500 to cover tuition fees and contribute towards maintenance costs (where applicable) and will be awarded to a student who has excelled in their undergraduate degree.
Stefania Barichello International Travel Bursary
The School of Advanced Study offers an international Travel Bursary of £500. The bursary is open to postgraduate research students at any stage of their research. i.e. MPhil or PhD from any Institute.
Application Deadlines to study at School of Advanced Study, University of London:
Deadline for Postgraduate Courses:
31 August for October entry. 31 October for January entry (MPhil/PhD and Distance Learning only). We recommend all students to apply at least by 15th May for the September/October start.
Study in the UK
As one of the leading UK Education Consultants in Mumbai, and our experienced UK counselors can guide you through the complete application process for all UK Universities. Contact ILW Education Consultants today for free consultation and application!
Contact Us to Apply for School of Advanced Study, University of London
Courses at School of Advanced Study, University of London
Postgraduate Courses at School of Advanced Study, University of London
Undergraduate Courses at School of Advanced Study, University of London
Foundation Courses at School of Advanced Study, University of London
Research Courses at School of Advanced Study, University of London
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in UK
Thanks to ILW to give me the ultimate support and guidance to shortlist the Universities and completing my applications on time to get through the best ones.
I happened to chance upon ILW while looking at the possibility of studying abroad as a backup to my plan of pursuing my further studies in India. I was pleasantly surprised and not the least bit disappointed.
With their vast and in depth knowledge of various factors pertaining to certain universities and their respective countries, ILW, specifically Rupali Ma’am and Vishal Sir aided me every step of the way starting from college selection to the subsequent applications and have provided effective guidance. They also almost act as a confidant in the way that they help one clear the silliest of doubts. They are very helpful and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to pursue their education abroad.
They helped me with everything and have taken care of smallest of details to make sure everything is perfect while applying to the universities. I got into one of the best universities in London and it wouldn’t have been possible without Vishal sir and his team. Rupali ma’am has been in contact with me everyday and she helped me with any detail I need about a certain course, university or any doubt regarding my applications. I would highly recommend ILW to anyone who needs guidance regarding their career and college applications.
ILW Consultants have been extremely helpful to me as well as my sister. It is because of them that I am going to study abroad in a very reputed University. To top it all off, the people working there are polite, kind and very soft spoken. I would highly recommend ILW to anybody who is thinking to study abroad. 🙂
I am from Bangalore and got ILW’s reference through my relatives in Mumbai. The team really helped me with the planning, essay editing, and guiding me right through the app process. I wanted to apply to top UK Universities only. I secured nearly all offers at top UK business schools. I did not join as some of my plans changed and I secured a great job back home. However in the future I do plan to do my Masters and I am sure that I will be using the services of ILW Education Consultants again….. Great team!