Study at Charles Darwin University (CDU), Australia
- Charles Darwin University was founded in 2003 and over 23, 000 students engaged in the programs ranging from undergraduate to research based.
- CDU is a member of the famed Australian Innovative Research Universities and counts itself as among the Top 2% of universities globally, in terms of research and innovation.
- More than 680 international students from 55 countries study at CDU; making it one of the most culturally diverse universities in Australia.
- As per the Global International Student Barometer Survey, CDU ranks 2nd for Arrival Experience and 4th for Student Support
- Located in the most northerly sector of the Australian continent, CDU has tremendous research links with the Aboriginal people and draws inspiration from these insights to do the cutting edge research in terms of anthropology, sociology, biodiversity among others
Why Study in Australia
- 15 Years Education Accepted: If you wish to study an MBA in Australia or an MS in Australia, you can directly apply after your Bachelors. You can immediately start your Masters level study in Australia in the same year that you finish your degree program in India since the Indian three years of Bachelors is accepted by all Australian Universities
- Two Years Work Permit after course: The post-study work stream of this visa allows international students completing an Australian bachelor, masters or doctoral degree to remain in Australia to gain practical work experience after they graduate. Graduates of bachelor and masters by coursework degrees can apply for a two-year work visa at the completion of their degree; masters by research graduates are eligible for a three-year visa, and PhD graduates can apply for a four-year work visa in Australia.
- Education Quality: Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act, 2000 which ensures that institutions who enroll international students are registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This ensures that Institutions meet stringent standards for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) links 15 schools, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system which assures of a stellar education delivery system.
- Scenic & Friendly: The golden sands of the famed beaches along the Gold Coast, the Koala bears, the Aboriginal people as well as the classic Aussie drawl that gives Australia a distinct character of its own.
- English-speaking Country: Australia is an English speaking country and therefore, students will have no trouble in moving around and integrating themselves with the locals.
- Work and Study: With an Australian student visa, a student can work up to 40 hours a week in an occupation requiring basic skills like at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
- Companies in Australia: Australia has a booming economy, with tourism, hospitality, banking, healthcare, pharma, infrastructure, education, mining with the top 1000 companies in Australia accounting for over 28% of the trade like ANZ Banking, Woolworths, Wesfarmers, Rio Tinto, NSW Health, NAB, Telstra among several others.
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Australia’s per-capita GDP is greater than that of the UK, Canada, Germany and France in terms of parity in purchase power. Per Capita GDP (PPP) Australia is ranked 18th in the world (CIA World Factbook 2016). The country was ranked second in the United Nations 2019 Human Development Index and sixth in The Economist’s quality-of-life index.
- Permanent Residency: Australia offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country,especially if your occupation is on the National Occupation List (NOC)!
So all in all, TWO year Master’s (Coursework) + 2 Years Work Permit. Additionally, students who complete their Master’s study by research and Doctoral degree holders are eligible to apply for a three and four year post study work visa in Australia, respectively. Take this opportunity to settle down and Immigrate to Australia – a country that offers you among the best work/life balance and brilliant medical facilities, opera, theater, beaches, wildlife safaris and much much more!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Australia, check out our Why Study in Australia page.
Entry Requirements to Study at Charles Darwin University (CDU), Australia
General entry requirements (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Postgraduate Courses: At least 50 % in Bachelors (we recommend 55%) or CGPA of 5 or higher (on a scale of 10). IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in the writing module and 5.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th): Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) with an average of 55 % Higher Secondary Certificate (State Board) with an average of 50 %. IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Charles Darwin University (CDU) Scholarships
CDU offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. We encourage students to apply for the CDU scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the CDU scholarship application process at no cost
Several of the University and Australian Government scholarships for Indian students:
Vice Chancellors International High Achiever’s Scholarship – CDU offers a limited number of 25 per cent and 50 per cent tuition fee scholarships for international students who have a record of academic excellence and high achievement. The tuition scholarships apply to the tuition fees for the full duration of an Undergraduate or Postgraduate coursework degree.
CDU Global Excellence Award – CDU offers a limited number of these awards to international students on a student visa who have a record of academic excellence and high achievement. The tuition scholarships apply to the tuition fees for full duration of an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree covering 50% for the first year of study and 10% ongoing.
CDU Global Leader Award – CDU offers a limited number of CDU GLOBAL LEADER AWARD to international students on a student visa who have a record of academic excellence and high achievement. The tuition scholarships apply to the tuition fees for full duration of an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree covering 25% for the first year of study and 10% ongoing.
CDU Global Achiever Award – This scholarship covers 15% tuition fee reduction in the first year of study only and is available for the undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS): for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses (Comprehensive scholarship covering medical, airfare, tuition etc.): Masters-level scholarships will be offered to exceptional Indian graduate students from high-performing institutions to study at one of Australia’s world-class universities. Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offered by the Australian Government. With the AAS, your entire cost of study will be offset.
Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF): Specifically aimed at mutual sectors of cooperation agreed upon by Australia and India in the fields of nanotechnology, agriculture, ICT, Marine Sciences etc., the scholarship enables Indian researchers to spend time at Australian institutions. The fellowships help to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration and are generally term based scholarships covering all costs of the study, including return airfare, medical, tuition, stipend etc.
Charles Darwin University (CDU), Australia Deadline for Applications:
The application deadline for admissions to CDU would be February, June and Octover for the successive semesters. ILW India advises students to begin applying at least six months prior, to allow for the university to assess and complete the paperwork.
Masters level courses at CDU especially Indigenous Knowledge, Law and Legal Studies, Humanities and Social Sciences, Engineering and Applied Sciences etc are in demand and we suggest you apply at the earliest for these courses. We, at ILW India, suggest that if you would like to apply to CDU, do speak with us for specific information.
Student Testimonial - Maheka Dalal (Griffith College, Class of 2020) I would recommend ILW Overseas Education to anyone going abroad as they have comprehensive knowledge on not just the application process but also the best way to fund the education, without burning a hole in the pocket. I got a 50% scholarship for my grad studies. Thank you Vishal sir!
If you would like to know your prospects as an international student in Australia (with scholarship, profile assessment, financial requirements etc.), go ahead and arrange a free consultation with ILW Overseas Education Consultants now. Our Study in Australia counselors and experts can help you successfully apply to the Australian universities and colleges of YOUR CHOICE.
We’ve had some of the most gifted students opt for Australia as their study destination and if you have any queries, our alumni would be happy to answer them. Email us at [email protected] with your query.
ILW India’s decade long experience in the field of Overseas Education is the result of the trust and confidence of thousands of students who have successfully gained scholarships and even, tuition waivers for their study abroad in Australia, USA, Canada and several other countries across the globe. We offer end to end process delivery, right from aptitude testing, career guidance to university selection, visa processing and beyond
Contact Us to Apply for Charles Darwin University, Australia
Courses at Charles Darwin University, Australia
Postgraduate Courses at Charles Darwin University, Australia
Undergraduate Courses at Charles Darwin University, Australia
Foundation Courses at Charles Darwin University, Australia
Research Courses at Charles Darwin University, Australia
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia