Study at Deakin University (DU), Australia
- Deakin University was founded in 1974 and has a student body of above 54, 000 students with a sizeable international student representation.
- Deakin ranked third-equal in Australia for graduate employability by the Times Higher Education Rankings
- Times Higher Education ranked Deakin University as 45th in the world rankings among the top Universities under 50
- Deakin University students have consistently awarded the varsity an Excellent rating for the campus experience, education, faculty and other parameters that speaks volumes for the superb educational experience offered by the university.
- Among notable strategic partnerships, DU has sector specific strategic initiatives, such as ongoing development of the Geelong Economic Futures Precinct, ManuFutures, and the Deakin Energy initiative (including the 7.25MW microgrid).
- Deakin Scout, Deakin Card, Deakin Sync and Deakin Hub are several technological initiatives by the university to deliver exemplary student experience on campus.
- DU has over 300 partnerships in 50 countries with offices in India, China, Sri Lanka, Europe and Indonesioa
Why Study in Australia
- 15 Years Education Accepted: If you wish to study an MBA in Australia or an MS in Australia, you can directly apply after your Bachelors. You can immediately start your Masters level study in Australia in the same year that you finish your degree program in India since the Indian 3 years Bachelors is accepted by all Australian Universities
- Two Years Stay Back: The post-study work stream of this visa allows international students completing an Australian bachelor, masters or doctoral degree to remain in Australia to gain practical work experience after they graduate. Graduates of bachelor and masters by coursework degrees can apply for a two-year work visa at the completion of their degree; masters by research graduates are eligible for a three-year visa; and PhD graduates can apply for a four-year work visa.
- Education Quality: Quality of Australian education is known to all and you are no exception. Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 ensures that Institutions who enroll international students are registered with Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This ensures that Institutions meet stringent standards, for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) links 15 school, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system.
- Scenic & Friendly: One of the most beautiful and the friendliest country in the world
- English-speaking Country: Australia is an English speaking country and therefore, students will have no trouble in moving around and integrating themselves with the locals.
- Work and Study: With an Australian student visa, a student can work up to 40 hours a week in an occupation requiring basic skills, like at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
- Companies in Australia: Australia has a booming economy, with tourism, hospitality, banking, healthcare, pharma, infrastructure, education, mining with the top 1000 companies in Australia accounting for over 28% of the trade like ANZ Banking, Woolworths, Wesfarmers, Rio Tinto, NSW Health, NAB, Telstra among several others.
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Australia’s per-capita GDP is greater than that of the UK, Canada, Germany and France in terms of parity in purchase power. Per Capita GDP (PPP) Australia is ranked 18th in the world (CIA World Factbook 2016). The country was ranked second in the United Nations 2019 Human Development Index and sixth in The Economist’s quality-of-life index.
- Tax Structure: An equitable tax structure, you can earn upto $18, 500 tax free and thereon, there is progressive tax, resulting in greater savings, in a pay-as-you-go scheme.
- Permanent Residency: Australia offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country especially if your occupation is on the National Occupation List (NOC) and you make the point system sing for you!
So all in all, TWO year Master’s (Coursework) + 2 Years Work Permit. Additionally, students who complete their Master’s study by research and Doctoral degree holders are eligible to apply for a three and four year post study work visa in Australia, respectively. Take this opportunity to settle down and Immigrate to Australia – a country that offers you among the best work/life balance and brilliant medical facilities, opera, theater, beaches, wildlife safaris and much much more!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Australia, check out our Why Study in Australia page.
Entry Requirements to Study at Deakin University (DU), Australia
General entry requirements (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Postgraduate Courses: At least 55 % in Bachelors (we recommend 55%) or CGPA of 5.5 or higher (on a scale of 10). IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 6.0 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th): Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) with an average of 45 % Higher Secondary Certificate (State Board) with an average of 50 %. IELTS: 5.5 with no less than 5.5 in the writing module and 5.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Deakin University (DU) Scholarships
DU offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. We encourage students to apply for the DU scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the DU scholarship application process at no cost
Scholarships for Indian/International students:
Alumni Postgrad Bursary – Offered by Deakin University, this scholarship offers 15% tuition reduction for deserving international students and is a commitment of the university to welcoming scholastically gifted students from abroad
Deakin Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarship – This scholarship offers tuition waiver or 50% reduction for high academic achievers plus participation in the Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program and priority placement in on-campus accommodation
Deakin International Scholarships – This scholarship offers 25% tuition waiver to international students. All scholarships must be applied for alongside the main application form to ensure timely processing.
Deakin STEM Scholarship – This scholarship offers 20% tuition waiver for international students who are applying for STEM courses.
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS): for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses (comprehensive scholarship covering medical, airfare, tuition etc.). Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offered by the Australian Government.
International PG Research Scholarship Award: Aimed at enabling excellent scholastic international students to study in Australia for the Master’s degree, the benefit of this scholarship is extensive and is offered on yearly basis.
Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF): Specifically aimed at mutual sectors of cooperation agreed upon by Australia and India in the fields of nanotechnology, agriculture, ICT, Marine Sciences etc., the scholarship enables Indian researchers to spend time at Australian institutions. The fellowships help to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration and are generally term based scholarships covering all costs of the study, including return airfare, medical, tuition, stipend etc.
Deakin University, Australia Deadline for Applications
Deakin University admits students to the June, November and February semesters. The application deadline for admissions to Deakin University would ideally be at least three months prior to the commencement of the semester. ILW India advises students to begin applying at least a year to eight months prior to the intake deadline so the university can assess and complete the paperwork.
Masters level courses at Deakin University especially courses in Business and Management, Finance, Humanities, Engineering etc. are in demand and we suggest you apply at the earliest for these courses. We, at ILW India, suggest that if you would like to apply to Deakin University, do speak with us for further details on how you can apply and gain admission to Deakin University.
If you would like to know your prospects as an international student in Australia (with scholarship, profile assessment, financial requirements etc.), go ahead and arrange a free consultation with ILW Overseas Education Consultants now. Our Study in Australia counselors and experts can help you successfully apply to the Australian universities and colleges of YOUR CHOICE.
We’ve had some of the most gifted students opt for Australia as their study destination and if you have any queries, our alumni would be happy to answer them. Email us at [email protected] with your query.
ILW India’s decade long experience in the field of Overseas Education is the result of the trust and confidence of thousands of students who have successfully gained scholarships and even, tuition waivers for their study abroad in Australia, USA, Canada and several other countries across the globe. We offer end to end process delivery, right from aptitude testing, career guidance to university selection, visa processing and beyond.
Contact Us to Apply for Deakin University (DU), Australia
Courses at Deakin University (DU), Australia
Postgraduate Courses at Deakin University (DU), Australia
Undergraduate Courses at Deakin University (DU), Australia
Foundation Courses at Deakin University (DU), Australia
Research Courses at Deakin University (DU), Australia
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia