Study at Federation University (FU), Australia
- Federation University was founded in 1870, making it the third oldest education provider in Australia
- Federation University has students representing over a 100 nationalities on its expansive campuses
- Federation University, Australia was presented the Roelf Visser Global Initiatives award for outstanding contribution in advancing the campus housing profession and the student experience of living on campus by the Association of College and University Housing Officers-International (ACUHO-I). The number of international students studying at FU has more than doubled in 2019 with almost 900 international students from as far afield as Austria, Cambodia, France, Kuwait, Norway and Saudi Arabia will study at FU this year.
- Federation University graduates are more likely to get a fulltime job and earn a higher salary, with an enviable 91% of graduates being employed, way above the national average. The 2018 Employer Satisfaction Survey, prepared by Australia’s Federal Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching, ranked the technical skills, generic skills and work readiness of recent graduates.
- FU graduates have rated FU with five stars for Overall Employment and Student Support and among the notable alumni list are Kiran Majumdar Shaw, Martin Andanar, Alfredo Pires, Robert Chong and several others.
- FU is regional Victoria’s largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,500 staff committed to teaching excellence and student support. As a student of FU, you will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and benefit from a global reputation in producing world-class graduates.
Why Study in Australia
- 15 Years Education Accepted: If you wish to study an MBA in Australia or an MS in Australia, you can directly apply after your Bachelors. You can immediately start your Masters level study in Australia in the same year that you finish your degree program in India since the Indian three years of Bachelors is accepted by all Australian Universities
- Two Years Work Permit after course: The post-study work stream of this visa allows international students completing an Australian bachelor, masters or doctoral degree to remain in Australia to gain practical work experience after they graduate. Graduates of bachelor and masters by coursework degrees can apply for a two-year work visa at the completion of their degree; masters by research graduates are eligible for a three-year visa, and PhD graduates can apply for a four-year work visa in Australia.
- Education Quality: Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act, 2000 which ensures that institutions who enroll international students are registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This ensures that Institutions meet stringent standards for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) links 15 schools, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system which assures of a stellar education delivery system.
- Scenic & Friendly: The golden sands of the famed beaches along the Gold Coast, the Koala bears, the Aboriginal people as well as the classic Aussie drawl that gives Australia a distinct character of its own.
- English-speaking Country: Australia is an English speaking country and therefore, students will have no trouble in moving around and integrating themselves with the locals.
- Work and Study: With an Australian student visa, a student can work up to 40 hours a week in an occupation requiring basic skills like at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
- Companies in Australia: Australia has a booming economy, with tourism, hospitality, banking, healthcare, pharma, infrastructure, education, mining with the top 1000 companies in Australia accounting for over 28% of the trade like ANZ Banking, Woolworths, Wesfarmers, Rio Tinto, NSW Health, NAB, Telstra among several others.
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Australia’s per-capita GDP is greater than that of the UK, Canada, Germany and France in terms of parity in purchase power. Per Capita GDP (PPP) Australia is ranked 18th in the world (CIA World Factbook 2016). The country was ranked second in the United Nations 2019 Human Development Index and sixth in The Economist’s quality-of-life index.
- Permanent Residency: Australia offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country,especially if your occupation is on the National Occupation List (NOC)!
So all in all, TWO year Master’s (Coursework) + 2 Years Work Permit. Additionally, students who complete their Master’s study by research and Doctoral degree holders are eligible to apply for a three and four year post study work visa in Australia, respectively. Take this opportunity to settle down and Immigrate to Australia – a country that offers you among the best work/life balance and brilliant medical facilities, opera, theater, beaches, wildlife safaris and much much more!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Australia, check out our Why Study in Australia page
Entry Requirements to Study at Federation University (FU), Australia
General entry requirements (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th): Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) with an average of 55 % or Higher Secondary Certificate (State Board) with an average of 58 % or an IB score of 22. 86. IELTS: 5.5 with no less than 5.5 in the writing module and 5.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Federation University (FU) Scholarships
FU offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. We encourage students to apply for the FU scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the FU scholarship application process at no cost
Several of the University and Australian Government scholarships for Indian students:
Business and IT Scholarship – The scholarship will be automatically applied and results in a 20% fees scholarship for all successful courseware applicants in Business and Information Technology. ILW India advises students to apply early as there are only 20 such scholarships given, per intake.
Federation International Excellence Scholarship – Offered by FU, the merit based scholarship covers 20% of the course fees awarded to eligible students for outstanding academic performance.
Accomodation scholarship – New international students can apply for an accommodation scholarship ranging in value from $2,000 to $9,700, covering part or all of their first year rental fees to live on campus in Ballarat, Berwick or Gippsland.
Australia Awards: This scholarship is for international students, undergraduate or postgraduate or even research, sponsored by the Australian government and given to individuals who are top achievers and hail from the Asia Pacific region
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS): for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses (Comprehensive scholarship covering medical, airfare, tuition etc.): Masters-level scholarships will be offered to exceptional Indian graduate students from high-performing institutions to study at one of Australia’s world-class universities. Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offered by the Australian Government. With the AAS, your entire cost of study will be offset.
International PG Research Scholarship Award: Aimed at enabling excellent scholastic international students to study in Australia for the Master’s degree, the benefit of this scholarship is extensive and is offered on yearly basis.
Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF): Specifically aimed at mutual sectors of cooperation agreed upon by Australia and India in the fields of nanotechnology, agriculture, ICT, Marine Sciences etc., the scholarship enables Indian researchers to spend time at Australian institutions. The fellowships help to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration and are generally term based scholarships covering all costs of the study, including return airfare, medical, tuition, stipend etc.
Federation University, Australia Deadline for Applications
Federation University admits students to the March, July and November semesters. The application deadline for admissions to Federation University would ideally be at least three months prior to the commencement of the semester. ILW India advises students to begin applying at least a year to eight months prior to the intake deadline so the university can assess and complete the paperwork.
Masters level courses at Federation University especially courses in Business and Management, Social Sciences, Economics, Architecture, Engineering etc. are in demand and we suggest you apply at the earliest for these courses. We, at ILW India, suggest that if you would like to apply to Federation University, do speak with us for further details on how you can apply and gain admission to Federation University.
If you would like to know your prospects as an international student in Australia (with scholarship, profile assessment, financial requirements etc.), go ahead and arrange a free consultation with ILW Overseas Education Consultants now. Our Study in Australia counselors and experts can help you successfully apply to the Australian universities and colleges of YOUR CHOICE.
We’ve had some of the most gifted students opt for Australia as their study destination and if you have any queries, our alumni would be happy to answer them. Email us at [email protected] with your query.
ILW India’s decade long experience in the field of Overseas Education is the result of the trust and confidence of thousands of students who have successfully gained scholarships and even, tuition waivers for their study abroad in Australia, USA, Canada and several other countries across the globe. We offer end to end process delivery, right from aptitude testing, career guidance to university selection, visa processing and beyond.
Contact Us to Apply for Federation University (FU), Australia
Courses at Federation University (FU), Australia
Postgraduate Courses at Federation University (FU), Australia
Undergraduate Courses at Federation University (FU), Australia
- Bachelor of Arts (Humanities) (Honours)
Bachelor of Arts (Social Science) (Honours)
Bachelor of Community and Human Services
Bachelor of Criminal Justice
Bachelor of Business
Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship)
Bachelor of Business (Honours)
Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
Bachelor of Business (Management and Human Resource Management)
Bachelor of Business (Management and Marketing)
Bachelor of Business (Management)
Bachelor of Business (Marketing and Human Resource Management)
Bachelor of Business (Marketing and Information Technology)
Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
Bachelor of Business (Professional Experience)
Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Information Technology)
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting, Economics and Finance)
Bachelor of Commerce (Economics and Finance)
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
Bachelor of Commerce (Law)
Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business
Bachelor of Hospitality (Management)
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education
Bachelor of Education (Primary and Secondary P-10)
Bachelor of Education (Primary)
Bachelor of Education Studies
Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences/Bachelor of Education
Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Education
Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours)
Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) (Honours)
Bachelor of Mechatronic Systems Engineering (Honours)
Bachelor of Information Technology
Bachelor of Information Technology (Big Data and Analytics)
Bachelor of Information Technology (Business Information Systems)
Bachelor of Information Technology (Cloud and Enterprise Computing)
Bachelor of Information Technology (Games Development)
Bachelor of Information Technology (Mobile App Development)
Bachelor of Information Technology (Networking and Security)
Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional Practice)
Bachelor of Information Technology (Software Development)
Bachelor of Health Sciences
Bachelor of Health Sciences (E Health and Informatics)
Bachelor of Health Sciences (Leading and Managing Health Services)
Bachelor of Nursing
Bachelor of Contemporary Performance Practice
Bachelor of Psychological Science
Bachelor of Biomedical Science
Bachelor of Biotechnology
Bachelor of Environmental and Conservation Science
Bachelor of Food and Nutritional Science
Bachelor of Geoscience
Bachelor of Mathematical Science
Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Science (Honours)
Bachelor of Veterinary and Wildlife Science
Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science
Bachelor of Health and Physical Education
Bachelor of Outdoor and Environmental Education
Bachelor of Sport Management
Bachelor of Sport Management/Bachelor of Business
Bachelor of Arts (Creative Arts) (Honours)
Bachelor of Contemporary Communication Design
Bachelor of Contemporary Visual Arts
Bachelor of Visual Arts (Fine Arts)
Foundation Courses at Federation University (FU), Australia
Research Courses at Federation University (FU), Australia
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia