Study at Griffith University (GU), Australia
- Griffith University ranks among the Top 2% universities globally and has a student strength of 50, 000 across its six campuses
- Over 200, 000 Griffith University alumni graduates across 130 nationalities, this strong network is one reason why it is a top choice for international students
- As a young university, Griffith University enjoys the 35th rank in the 2019 QS World University Rankings Top 50 under 50 and 37th in the 2018 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings.
- Griffith University enjoys a CWTS ranking of 300 with the US News hailing it as the 240th Best Global University
- Griffith is the leading university in Australia for citations and fellowships from the Australian Government’s Office of Learning and Teaching. Since 2007, three of GU’s teachers have been named Australian University Teacher of the Year and they have won 7 National Teaching Fellowships with 34 citations for Outstanding contribution to student learning.
Why Study in Australia
- 15 Years Education Accepted: If you wish to study an MBA in Australia or an MS in Australia, you can directly apply after your Bachelors. You can immediately start your Masters level study in Australia in the same year that you finish your degree program in India since the Indian three years of Bachelors is accepted by all Australian Universities
- Two Years Work Permit after course: The post-study work stream of this visa allows international students completing an Australian bachelor, masters or doctoral degree to remain in Australia to gain practical work experience after they graduate. Graduates of bachelor and masters by coursework degrees can apply for a two-year work visa at the completion of their degree; masters by research graduates are eligible for a three-year visa, and PhD graduates can apply for a four-year work visa in Australia.
- Education Quality: Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act, 2000 which ensures that institutions who enroll international students are registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This ensures that Institutions meet stringent standards for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) links 15 schools, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system which assures of a stellar education delivery system.
- Scenic & Friendly: The golden sands of the famed beaches along the Gold Coast, the Koala bears, the Aboriginal people as well as the classic Aussie drawl that gives Australia a distinct character of its own.
- English-speaking Country: Australia is an English speaking country and therefore, students will have no trouble in moving around and integrating themselves with the locals.
- Work and Study: With an Australian student visa, a student can work up to 40 hours a week in an occupation requiring basic skills like at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
- Companies in Australia: Australia has a booming economy, with tourism, hospitality, banking, healthcare, pharma, infrastructure, education, mining with the top 1000 companies in Australia accounting for over 28% of the trade like ANZ Banking, Woolworths, Wesfarmers, Rio Tinto, NSW Health, NAB, Telstra among several others.
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Australia’s per-capita GDP is greater than that of the UK, Canada, Germany and France in terms of parity in purchase power. Per Capita GDP (PPP) Australia is ranked 18th in the world (CIA World Factbook 2016). The country was ranked second in the United Nations 2019 Human Development Index and sixth in The Economist’s quality-of-life index.
- Permanent Residency: Australia offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country,especially if your occupation is on the National Occupation List (NOC)!
So all in all, TWO year Master’s (Coursework) + 2 Years Work Permit. Additionally, students who complete their Master’s study by research and Doctoral degree holders are eligible to apply for a three and four year post study work visa in Australia, respectively. Take this opportunity to settle down and Immigrate to Australia – a country that offers you among the best work/life balance and brilliant medical facilities, opera, theater, beaches, wildlife safaris and much much more!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Australia, check out our Why Study in Australia page.
Entry Requirements to Study at Griffith University (GU), Australia
Postgraduate Courses: At least 50 % in Bachelors (we recommend 55%) or CGPA of 5.5 or higher (on a scale of 10). IELTS: 5.5 with no less than 5.5 in the writing module and 5.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th): Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) with an average of 50 % or Higher Secondary Certificate (State Board) with an average of 55 % or an IB score of 22. 86. IELTS: 5.5 with no less than 5.5 in the writing module and 5.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Griffith MBA: Bachelor’s degree with at least 45% marks. IELTS: 6.5 with no less than 6.5 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Griffith University (GU) Scholarships
GU offers a range of scholarships for Indian/international students. We encourage students to apply for the GU scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the GU scholarship application process at no cost
Several of the University and Australian Government scholarships for Indian students:
Griffith International Distinction Scholarship : Offered by Griffith University, this scholarship offers $6000 to outstanding international students who are completing an undergraduate degree at Griffith University and are wishing to complete honors or postgraduate coursework degree at Griffith University.
Griffith International Family scholarship: This scholarship offers $1000 for immediate family members of current Griffith students and alumni
Griffith Remarkable Scholarship: This scholarship offers 50% tuition to exceptional, international students applying for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework study at Griffith University.
Griffith Research Scholarship: The university offers all expense paid scholarships to those students who wish to engage in research and have been accepted to Griffith’s top notch research programs
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS): for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses (Comprehensive scholarship covering medical, airfare, tuition etc.):Masters-level scholarships will be offered to exceptional Indian graduate students from high-performing institutions to study at one of Australia’s world-class universities. Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offered by the Australian Government. With the AAS, your entire cost of study will be offset.
International PG Research Scholarship Award: Aimed at enabling excellent scholastic international students to study in Australia for the Master’s degree, the benefit of this scholarship is extensive and is offered on yearly basis.
Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF): Specifically aimed at mutual sectors of cooperation agreed upon by Australia and India in the fields of nanotechnology, agriculture, ICT, Marine Sciences etc., the scholarship enables Indian researchers to spend time at Australian institutions. The fellowships help to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration and are generally term based scholarships covering all costs of the study, including return airfare, medical, tuition, stipend etc.
Griffith University, Australia Deadline for Applications
Griffith University admits students to the January, June and September semesters. The application deadline for admissions to Griffith University would ideally be at least three months prior to the commencement of the semester. ILW India advises students to begin applying at least a year to eight months prior to the intake deadline so the university can assess and complete the paperwork.
Masters level courses at Griffith University especially courses in Architecture, Construction and Planning, Business and Government, Criminology and Law, Education, Engineering etc. are in demand and we suggest you apply at the earliest for these courses. We, at ILW India, suggest that if you would like to apply to Griffith University, do speak with us for further details on how you can apply and gain admission to Griffith University.
This is box titleFrom the time I enrolled in ILW Overseas Education for study abroad counselling, I have left the entire process in the hands of Vishal sir, Hafeezan and Neha ma’am. From university selection to visa, I did the minimum grunt work as all the processes were clearly outlined and ILW Overseas Education offered me boutique service and I am delighted with the result as I wanted to study at Newcastle. Thank you Vishal sir!
If you would like to know your prospects as an international student in Australia (with scholarship, profile assessment, financial requirements etc.), go ahead and arrange a free consultation with ILW Overseas Education Consultants now. Our Study in Australia counselors and experts can help you successfully apply to the Australian universities and colleges of YOUR CHOICE.
We’ve had some of the most gifted students opt for Australia as their study destination and if you have any queries, our alumni would be happy to answer them. Email us at [email protected] with your query.
ILW India’s decade long experience in the field of Overseas Education is the result of the trust and confidence of thousands of students who have successfully gained scholarships and even, tuition waivers for their study abroad in Australia, USA, Canada and several other countries across the globe. We offer end to end process delivery, right from aptitude testing, career guidance to university selection, visa processing and beyond.
Contact Us to Apply for Griffith University (GU), Australia
Courses at Griffith University (GU), Australia
Postgraduate Courses at Griffith University (GU), Australia
Undergraduate Courses at Griffith University (GU), Australia
Foundation Courses at Griffith University (GU), Australia
Research Courses at Griffith University (GU), Australia
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia