Study at University of Melbourne, Australia
- Established in 1853, the University of Melbourne is a public-spirited institution that makes distinctive contributions to society in research, learning and teaching and engagement.
- The University of Melbourne has a 50, 000 student strong campus, 385, 000 alumni globally and international students from over 130 countries.
- University of Melbourne consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, with international rankings of world universities placing it as number 1 in Australia and number 32 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings) and holds the distinction of being #6 in terms of work-ready graduates, worldwide.
- University of Melbourne, Australia houses over a 100 research centers and their funding is in excess of 3 billion dollars.
- University of Melbourne has the QS World University rankings that puts it in the TOP 20 universities globally in 14 subject areas, with over $4.7 million in equity scholarships.
Why Study in Australia?
- 15 Years Education Accepted: If you wish to study an MBA in Australia or an MS in Australia, you can directly apply after your Bachelors. You can immediately start your Masters level study in Australia in the same year that you finish your degree program in India since the Indian three years of Bachelors is accepted by all Australian Universities
- Two Years Work Permit after course: The post-study work stream of this visa allows international students completing an Australian bachelor, masters or doctoral degree to remain in Australia to gain practical work experience after they graduate. Graduates of bachelor and masters by coursework degrees can apply for a two-year work visa at the completion of their degree; masters by research graduates are eligible for a three-year visa, and PhD graduates can apply for a four-year work visa in Australia.
- Education Quality: Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act, 2000 which ensures that institutions who enroll international students are registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This ensures that Institutions meet stringent standards for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) links 15 schools, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system which assures of a stellar education delivery system.
- Scenic & Friendly: The golden sands of the famed beaches along the Gold Coast, the Koala bears, the Aboriginal people as well as the classic Aussie drawl that gives Australia a distinct character of its own.
- English-speaking Country: Australia is an English speaking country and therefore, students will have no trouble in moving around and integrating themselves with the locals.
- Work and Study: With an Australian student visa, a student can work up to 40 hours a week in an occupation requiring basic skills like at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
- Companies in Australia: Australia has a booming economy, with tourism, hospitality, banking, healthcare, pharma, infrastructure, education, mining with the top 1000 companies in Australia accounting for over 28% of the trade like ANZ Banking, Woolworths, Wesfarmers, Rio Tinto, NSW Health, NAB, Telstra among several others.
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Australia’s per-capita GDP is greater than that of the UK, Canada, Germany and France in terms of parity in purchase power. Per Capita GDP (PPP) Australia is ranked 18th in the world (CIA World Factbook 2016). The country was ranked second in the United Nations 2019 Human Development Index and sixth in The Economist’s quality-of-life index.
- Permanent Residency: Australia offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country,especially if your occupation is on the National Occupation List (NOC)!
So all in all, TWO year Master’s (Coursework) + 2 Years Work Permit. Additionally, students who complete their Master’s study by research and Doctoral degree holders are eligible to apply for a three and four year post study work visa in Australia, respectively. Take this opportunity to settle down and Immigrate to Australia – a country that offers you among the best work/life balance and brilliant medical facilities, opera, theater, beaches, wildlife safaris and much much more!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Australia, check out our Why Study in Australia page
Entry Requirements to Study at University of Melbourne, Australia
General entry requirements (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Postgraduate Courses: At least 60 % in Bachelors or CGPA of 6.0 or higher (on a scale of 10). IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 6.0 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th): Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) with an average of 60 % Higher Secondary Certificate (State Board) with an average of 65 %. IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 6.0 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Melbourne Business School MBA: Bachelor’s degree with two years full time experience after graduation and a good GMAT score of 750 and above. IELTS: 6.5 with no less than 6.5 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
The University of Melbourne Scholarships
The University of Melbourne offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. We encourage students to apply for the scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the scholarship application process at no cost.
Several of the University and Australian Government scholarships for Indian students:
Graduate Research Scholarship: Offered by University of Melbourne, this scholarship offers 100% tuition remission upto $110, 000 for deserving international students and is a commitment of the university to welcoming scholastically gifted students from abroad
Melbourne Mobility Awards: This scholarship offers tuition assistance of up to $6000 for high academic achievers who have received an offer to study at University of Melbourne.
Trinity College Residential College Scholarships: This scholarship offers tuition remission ranging from $5000 to $30,000 for international students.
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS): for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses (Comprehensive scholarship covering medical, airfare, tuition etc). Masters-level scholarships will be offered to exceptional Indian graduate students from high-performing institutions to study at one of Australia’s world-class universities. Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offered by the Australian Government. With the AAS, your entire cost of study will be offset.
International PG Research Scholarship Award: Aimed at enabling excellent scholastic international students to study in Australia for the Master’s degree, the benefit of this scholarship is extensive and is offered on yearly basis.
Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF): Specifically aimed at mutual sectors of cooperation agreed upon by Australia and India in the fields of nanotechnology, agriculture, ICT, Marine Sciences etc., the scholarship enables Indian researchers to spend time at Australian institutions. The fellowships help to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration and are generally term based scholarships covering all costs of the study, including return airfare, medical, tuition, stipend etc.
University of Melbourne, Australia Deadline for Applications:
The application deadline for admissions to University of Melbourne would be April and October. ILW India advises students to begin applying at least six months in advance, to allow for the university to assess and complete the paperwork.
Masters level courses at The University of Melbourne especially Natural and Applied Sciences, Law, Humanities and Arts, Business etc. are in demand and we suggest you apply at the earliest for these courses. We, at ILW India, suggest that if you would like to apply to University of Melbourne, do speak with us for further details on how you can apply and gain admission to University of Melbourne.
If you would like to know your prospects as an international student in Australia (with scholarship, profile assessment, financial requirements etc.), go ahead and arrange a free consultation with ILW Overseas Education Consultants now. Our Study in Australia counselors and experts can help you successfully apply to the Australian universities and colleges of YOUR CHOICE.
We’ve had some of the most gifted students opt for Australia as their study destination and if you have any queries, our alumni would be happy to answer them. Email us at [email protected] with your query.
ILW India’s decade long experience in the field of Overseas Education is the result of the trust and confidence of thousands of students who have successfully gained scholarships and even, tuition waivers for their study abroad in Australia, USA, Canada and several other countries across the globe. We offer end to end process delivery, right from aptitude testing, career guidance to university selection, visa processing and beyond.
Contact Us to Apply for The University of Melbourne
Courses at The University of Melbourne
Postgraduate Courses at The University of Melbourne
Undergraduate Courses at The University of Melbourne
Foundation Courses at The University of Melbourne
Research Courses at The University of Melbourne
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia