Study at University of Wollongong, Australia
- For the ninth year UOW is ranked in the top 1 per cent of universities in the world in the QS World University Rankings Graduate Employers survey for the quality of graduates.
- University of Wollongong has formal agreements with more than 150 overseas institutions in the areas of research collaboration, student and staff exchange, study abroad and off-shore program delivery.
- University of Wollongong, Australia has 34, 000 enrolled students with over 340 degrees on offer and over 179 nationalities represented on campus.
- University of Wollongong UOW also has long-standing partnerships with two of Singapore’s leading private colleges, the Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) and the PSB Academy, to deliver internationally recognized academic programs in business, information technology and psychology.
- University of Wollongong is also a member of the Australian-European Network (AEN), linking the University with 31 universities across Europe.
Why Study in Australia
- 15 Years Education Accepted: If you wish to study an MBA in Australia or an MS in Australia, you can directly apply after your Bachelors. You can immediately start your Masters level study in Australia in the same year that you finish your degree program in India since the Indian three years of Bachelors is accepted by all Australian Universities
- Two Years Work Permit after course: The post-study work stream of this visa allows international students completing an Australian bachelor, masters or doctoral degree to remain in Australia to gain practical work experience after they graduate. Graduates of bachelor and masters by coursework degrees can apply for a two-year work visa at the completion of their degree; masters by research graduates are eligible for a three-year visa, and PhD graduates can apply for a four-year work visa in Australia.
- Education Quality: Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act, 2000 which ensures that institutions who enroll international students are registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This ensures that Institutions meet stringent standards for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) links 15 schools, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system which assures of a stellar education delivery system.
- Scenic & Friendly: The golden sands of the famed beaches along the Gold Coast, the Koala bears, the Aboriginal people as well as the classic Aussie drawl that gives Australia a distinct character of its own.
- English-speaking Country: Australia is an English speaking country and therefore, students will have no trouble in moving around and integrating themselves with the locals.
- Work and Study: With an Australian student visa, a student can work up to 40 hours a week in an occupation requiring basic skills like at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
- Companies in Australia: Australia has a booming economy, with tourism, hospitality, banking, healthcare, pharma, infrastructure, education, mining with the top 1000 companies in Australia accounting for over 28% of the trade like ANZ Banking, Woolworths, Wesfarmers, Rio Tinto, NSW Health, NAB, Telstra among several others.
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Australia’s per-capita GDP is greater than that of the UK, Canada, Germany and France in terms of parity in purchase power. Per Capita GDP (PPP) Australia is ranked 18th in the world (CIA World Factbook 2016). The country was ranked second in the United Nations 2019 Human Development Index and sixth in The Economist’s quality-of-life index.
- Permanent Residency: Australia offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country,especially if your occupation is on the National Occupation List (NOC)!
So all in all, TWO year Master’s (Coursework) + 2 Years Work Permit. Additionally, students who complete their Master’s study by research and Doctoral degree holders are eligible to apply for a three and four year post study work visa in Australia, respectively. Take this opportunity to settle down and Immigrate to Australia – a country that offers you among the best work/life balance and brilliant medical facilities, opera, theater, beaches, wildlife safaris and much much more!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Australia, check out our Why Study in Australia page
Entry Requirements to Study at University of Wollongong (UOW), Australia
General entry requirements (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Postgraduate Courses: At least 60 % in Bachelors or CGPA of 6.0 or higher (on a scale of 10). IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 6.0 in the writing module and 5.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th): Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) with an average of 60 % Higher Secondary Certificate (State Board) with an average of 65 %. IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 6.0 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
UOW MBA: Bachelor’s degree with an equivalent average mark of 50%, plus a minimum of three years’ relevant full-time professional or managerial experience. IELTS: 6.5 with no less than 6.5 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
University of Wollongong Scholarships
UOW offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. We encourage students to apply for the UOW scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the UOW scholarship application process at no cost.
Several of the University and Australian Government scholarships for Indian students:
At the University of Wollongong, there are a number of scholarships such as the UOW Diplomat Scholarship, UOW South Western Sydney Scholarship, University Excellence Scholarship and many others, which the student will be assessed for automatically with the application for admit. Your responses in the application are doubly important, as these scholarships are sizeable and would enable you to save thousands of dollars. Contact ILW Overseas Education for assistance to fill out these forms.
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS): for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses (Comprehensive scholarship covering medical, airfare, tuition etc.): Masters-level scholarships will be offered to exceptional Indian graduate students from high-performing institutions to study at one of Australia’s world-class universities. Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offered by the Australian Government. With the AAS, your entire cost of study will be offset.
International PG Research Scholarship Award: Aimed at enabling excellent scholastic international students to study in Australia for the Master’s degree, the benefit of this scholarship is extensive and is offered on yearly basis.
Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF): Specifically aimed at mutual sectors of cooperation agreed upon by Australia and India in the fields of nanotechnology, agriculture, ICT, Marine Sciences etc., the scholarship enables Indian researchers to spend time at Australian institutions. The fellowships help to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration and are generally term based scholarships covering all costs of the study, including return airfare, medical, tuition, stipend etc.
University of Wollongong, Australia Deadline for Applications:
The application deadline for admissions to University of Wollongong would be May or November, depending on the intake. ILW India advises students to begin applying at least four months prior to the deadline to allow for the university to assess and complete the paperwork.
Masters level courses at UOW especially Accounting and Finance, Economics and Econometrics, Agriculture and Forestry, Chemistry, Business and Management Studies etc, are in demand and we suggest you apply at the earliest for these courses. We, at ILW India, suggest that if you would like to apply to University of Wollongong, do speak with us for further details on how you can apply and gain admission to University of Wollongong.
If you would like to know your prospects as an international student in Australia (with scholarship, profile assessment, financial requirements etc.), go ahead and arrange a free consultation with ILW Overseas Education Consultants now. Our Study in Australia counselors and experts can help you successfully apply to the Australian universities and colleges of YOUR CHOICE.
We’ve had some of the most gifted students opt for Australia as their study destination and if you have any queries, our alumni would be happy to answer them. Email us at [email protected] with your query.
ILW India’s decade long experience in the field of Overseas Education is the result of the trust and confidence of thousands of students who have successfully gained scholarships and even, tuition waivers for their study abroad in Australia, USA, Canada and several other countries across the globe. We offer end to end process delivery, right from aptitude testing, career guidance to university selection, visa processing and beyond.
Contact Us to Apply for University of Wollongong
Courses at University of Wollongong
Postgraduate Courses at University of Wollongong
Undergraduate Courses at University of Wollongong
Foundation Courses at University of Wollongong
Research Courses at University of Wollongong
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia