Study at The University of Adelaide, Australia
- With over a 140 years of distinguished educational experience, the University of Adelaide was established in 1882 and was the first university to grant degrees in science in Australia.
- The University of Adelaide has over 26, 930 students, 6,937 programs, 156.7 million dollars in research with an enviable student to faculty ratio of 20:1. How cool is that!!!!!
- The University of Adelaide ranked 114 in the 2019 QS World University Rankings. The University of Adelaide is the only university in South Australia ranked inside the top 250.
- The University of Adelaide consistently ranks 135 in the 2019 Times Higher Education (THE) world university rankings and 139 in the Academic Rankings of World Universities (ARWU), Shanghai Jiao Tong.
- The University of Adelaide ranks in the top 50 THE rankings for the four fields: mineral and mining engineering (26thin the world), dentistry (31st), nursing (42nd), veterinary science (43rd).
Why Study in Australia?
- 15 Years Education Accepted: If you wish to study an MBA in Australia or an MS in Australia, you can directly apply after your Bachelors. You can immediately start your Masters level study in Australia in the same year that you finish your degree program in India since the Indian three years of Bachelors is accepted by all Australian Universities
- Two Years Work Permit after course: The post-study work stream of this visa allows international students completing an Australian bachelor, masters or doctoral degree to remain in Australia to gain practical work experience after they graduate. Graduates of bachelor and masters by coursework degrees can apply for a two-year work visa at the completion of their degree; masters by research graduates are eligible for a three-year visa, and PhD graduates can apply for a four-year work visa in Australia.
- Education Quality: Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act, 2000 which ensures that institutions who enroll international students are registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This ensures that Institutions meet stringent standards for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) links 15 schools, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system which assures of a stellar education delivery system.
- Scenic & Friendly: The golden sands of the famed beaches along the Gold Coast, the Koala bears, the Aboriginal people as well as the classic Aussie drawl that gives Australia a distinct character of its own.
- English-speaking Country: Australia is an English speaking country and therefore, students will have no trouble in moving around and integrating themselves with the locals.
- Work and Study: With an Australian student visa, a student can work up to 40 hours a week in an occupation requiring basic skills like at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
- Companies in Australia: Australia has a booming economy, with tourism, hospitality, banking, healthcare, pharma, infrastructure, education, mining with the top 1000 companies in Australia accounting for over 28% of the trade like ANZ Banking, Woolworths, Wesfarmers, Rio Tinto, NSW Health, NAB, Telstra among several others.
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Australia’s per-capita GDP is greater than that of the UK, Canada, Germany and France in terms of parity in purchase power. Per Capita GDP (PPP) Australia is ranked 18th in the world (CIA World Factbook 2016). The country was ranked second in the United Nations 2019 Human Development Index and sixth in The Economist’s quality-of-life index.
- Permanent Residency: Australia offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country,especially if your occupation is on the National Occupation List (NOC)!
So all in all, TWO year Master’s (Coursework) + 2 Years Work Permit. Additionally, students who complete their Master’s study by research and Doctoral degree holders are eligible to apply for a three and four year post study work visa in Australia, respectively. Take this opportunity to settle down and Immigrate to Australia – a country that offers you among the best work/life balance and brilliant medical facilities, opera, theater, beaches, wildlife safaris and much much more!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Australia, check out our Why Study in Australia page
Entry Requirements to Study at The University of Adelaide, Australia
General entry requirements (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Postgraduate Courses: At least 60 % in Bachelors or CGPA of 6.0 or higher (on a scale of 10). IELTS: 6.5 with no less than 6.5 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th): Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) with an average of 60 % Higher Secondary Certificate (State Board) with an average of 65 %. IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 6.0 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Adelaide Business School’s MBA program: Bachelor’s degree with minimum two years full time experience after graduation or seven years work experience without completing bachelors with a GMAT score of 550. IELTS: 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in the writing module and 6.5 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
The University of Adelaide Scholarships
UA offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. We encourage students to apply for the UA scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the UA scholarship application process at no cost
Several of the University and Australian Government scholarships for Indian students:
Ashok Khurana Scholarship for outstanding Indian Students – Offered by Prof. Ashok Khurana, this scholarship consists of $25,000 for one year, payable towards the recipient’s airfares, living expenses and tuition fees. The successful applicant will also receive a 50% discount on the tuition fees for the duration of their program.
English Pathways Studies scholarship – This scholarship offers tuition assistance for high academic achievers who have received an offer to study at The University of Adelaide under the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program
The University of Adelaide does not require international students to specifically apply to scholarships like the Alumni Scholarships, Global Academic Excellence Scholarships, Global Leaders Scholarships,Partner Scholarships etc. Upon filling the application form for admission, the responses in the form determine the scholarship that will be received.
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS): for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses (Comprehensive scholarship covering medical, airfare, tuition etc.): Masters-level scholarships will be offered to exceptional Indian graduate students from high-performing institutions to study at one of Australia’s world-class universities. Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offered by the Australian Government. With the AAS, your entire cost of study will be offset.
International PG Research Scholarship Award: Aimed at enabling excellent scholastic international students to study in Australia for the Master’s degree, the benefit of this scholarship is extensive and is offered on yearly basis.
Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF): Specifically aimed at mutual sectors of cooperation agreed upon by Australia and India in the fields of nanotechnology, agriculture, ICT, Marine Sciences etc., the scholarship enables Indian researchers to spend time at Australian institutions. The fellowships help to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration and are generally term based scholarships covering all costs of the study, including return airfare, medical, tuition, stipend etc.
The University of Adelaide, Australia Deadline for Applications:
The application deadline for admissions to The University of Adelaide would be December, except for specific programs like dentistry, medicine, nursing etc. where the deadlines are April, June, September (please refer to the university website or call us). ILW India advises students to begin applying at least by six months prior to the deadline to allow for the university to assess and complete the paperwork.
Masters level courses at UA especially Business, Medicine, Veterinary Science, Nursing etc are in demand and we suggest you apply at the earliest for these courses. We, at ILW India, suggest that if you would like to apply to The University of Adelaide, do speak with us for further details on how you can apply and gain admission to The University of Adelaide.
If you would like to know your prospects as an international student in Australia (with scholarship, profile assessment, financial requirements etc.), go ahead and arrange a free consultation with ILW Overseas Education Consultants now. Our Study in Australia counselors and experts can help you successfully apply to the Australian universities and colleges of YOUR CHOICE.
We’ve had some of the most gifted students opt for Australia as their study destination and if you have any queries, our alumni would be happy to answer them. Email us at [email protected] with your query.
ILW India’s decade long experience in the field of Overseas Education is the result of the trust and confidence of thousands of students who have successfully gained scholarships and even, tuition waivers for their study abroad in Australia, USA, Canada and several other countries across the globe. We offer end to end process delivery, right from aptitude testing, career guidance to university selection, visa processing and beyond.
Contact Us to Apply for The University of Adelaide Australia
Courses at The University of Adelaide Australia
Postgraduate Courses at The University of Adelaide Australia
Undergraduate Courses at The University of Adelaide Australia
Foundation Courses at The University of Adelaide Australia
Research Courses at The University of Adelaide Australia
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia