Study at The University of Newcastle, Australia
- The University of Newcastle ranked 214th in the world by QS World University Rankings and is consistently ranked within Australia’s top 10 universities.
- The University of Newcastle is distinguished to have received over $100.8 million dollars in research income.
- The University of Newcastle, Australia has a total of 10 subjects ranked in the world’s top 200 while it is ranked among the Top 8 in Australia for research ‘well above world standard’ by Excellence in Research Australia (ERA)
- The University of Newcastle’s Business School (NBS) has received AACSB Accreditation, earned by fewer than 5% of the world’s business programs
- The University of Newcastle’s Mineral and Mining discipline has ranked at top 30 in the world, for the third consecutive year, and the Nursing discipline is ranked in the world’s top 50 in the 2019 QS World University Rankings by Subject list.
- Located across Australia’s five regional centers and Singapore, The University of Newcastle has a 37, 000 strong student body and offers over 200 courses in over 40 disciplines.
Why Study in Australia
- 15 Years Education Accepted: If you wish to study an MBA in Australia or an MS in Australia, you can directly apply after your Bachelors. You can immediately start your Masters level study in Australia in the same year that you finish your degree program in India since the Indian three years of Bachelors is accepted by all Australian Universities
- Two Years Work Permit after course: The post-study work stream of this visa allows international students completing an Australian bachelor, masters or doctoral degree to remain in Australia to gain practical work experience after they graduate. Graduates of bachelor and masters by coursework degrees can apply for a two-year work visa at the completion of their degree; masters by research graduates are eligible for a three-year visa, and PhD graduates can apply for a four-year work visa in Australia.
- Education Quality: Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act, 2000 which ensures that institutions who enroll international students are registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This ensures that Institutions meet stringent standards for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) links 15 schools, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system which assures of a stellar education delivery system.
- Scenic & Friendly: The golden sands of the famed beaches along the Gold Coast, the Koala bears, the Aboriginal people as well as the classic Aussie drawl that gives Australia a distinct character of its own.
- English-speaking Country: Australia is an English speaking country and therefore, students will have no trouble in moving around and integrating themselves with the locals.
- Work and Study: With an Australian student visa, a student can work up to 40 hours a week in an occupation requiring basic skills like at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
- Companies in Australia: Australia has a booming economy, with tourism, hospitality, banking, healthcare, pharma, infrastructure, education, mining with the top 1000 companies in Australia accounting for over 28% of the trade like ANZ Banking, Woolworths, Wesfarmers, Rio Tinto, NSW Health, NAB, Telstra among several others.
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Australia’s per-capita GDP is greater than that of the UK, Canada, Germany and France in terms of parity in purchase power. Per Capita GDP (PPP) Australia is ranked 18th in the world (CIA World Factbook 2016). The country was ranked second in the United Nations 2019 Human Development Index and sixth in The Economist’s quality-of-life index.
- Permanent Residency: Australia offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country,especially if your occupation is on the National Occupation List (NOC)!
So all in all, TWO year Master’s (Coursework) + 2 Years Work Permit. Additionally, students who complete their Master’s study by research and Doctoral degree holders are eligible to apply for a three and four year post study work visa in Australia, respectively. Take this opportunity to settle down and Immigrate to Australia – a country that offers you among the best work/life balance and brilliant medical facilities, opera, theater, beaches, wildlife safaris and much much more!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Australia, check out our Why Study in Australia page
Entry Requirements to Study at The University of Newcastle (FU), Australia
General entry requirements (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Postgraduate Courses: At least 45 % in Bachelors (we recommend 55%) or CGPA of 4.5 or higher (on a scale of 10). IELTS: 5.5 with no less than 5.5 in the writing module and 5.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th): Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) with an average of 50 % Higher Secondary Certificate (State Board) with an average of 50 %. IELTS: 5.5 with no less than 5.5 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Newcastle Business School MBA: Bachelor’s degree with IELTS: 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in the writing module and 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
The University of Newcastle (UN) Scholarships
UN offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. We encourage students to apply for the UN scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the UN scholarship application process at no cost.
Several of the University and Australian Government scholarships for Indian students:
Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarship – Offered by The University of Newcastle, this scholarship offers $1,500 to $5,000 tuition discount for deserving international students and is a commitment of the university to welcoming scholastically gifted students from abroad
Vice Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship – This scholarship cover 50% of tuition fees are available for students from India, Kenya, Morocco and the USA as well as 100% scholarships are also available for students from India and the USA to study at The University of Newcastle.
Vice Chancellor’s Global Scholarship: This scholarship offers a $4000 tuition award for international students to study at University of Newcastle.
International Foundation Scholarship: The university offers a number of 100% tuition scholarships for students who want to study at INTO Newcastle University.
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS): for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses (Comprehensive scholarship covering medical, airfare, tuition etc.): Masters-level scholarships will be offered to exceptional Indian graduate students from high-performing institutions to study at one of Australia’s world-class universities. Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offered by the Australian Government. With the AAS, your entire cost of study will be offset.
International PG Research Scholarship Award: Aimed at enabling excellent scholastic international students to study in Australia for the Master’s degree, the benefit of this scholarship is extensive and is offered on yearly basis.
Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF): Specifically aimed at mutual sectors of cooperation agreed upon by Australia and India in the fields of nanotechnology, agriculture, ICT, Marine Sciences etc., the scholarship enables Indian researchers to spend time at Australian institutions. The fellowships help to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration and are generally term based scholarships covering all costs of the study, including return airfare, medical, tuition, stipend etc.
The University of Newcastle, Australia Deadline for Applications:
The application deadline for admissions to The University of Newcastle would be January or October, depending on the session. ILW India advises students to begin applying at least six months prior, to allow for the university to assess and complete the paperwork.
Masters level courses at UN especially Nursing, Mining, Business, Engineering etc. are in demand and we suggest you apply at the earliest for these courses. We, at ILW India, suggest that if you would like to apply to The University of Newcastle, do speak with us for further details on how you can apply and gain admission to The University of Newcastle.
Student Testimonial - Ravi Subramanium (The University of Western Australia, Class of 2020)My classmates and I opted for ILW Overseas Education as we wanted to have personal attention and this is exactly what we got at ILW. From the documentation to the university selection to the visa process, ILW’s bespoke service figures among the best of counsellors in Mumbai. I had a great experience at ILW Overseas Education and I would recommend it anyday!
If you would like to know your prospects as an international student in Australia (with scholarship, profile assessment, financial requirements etc.), go ahead and arrange a free consultation with ILW Overseas Education Consultants now. Our Study in Australia counselors and experts can help you successfully apply to the Australian universities and colleges of YOUR CHOICE.
We’ve had some of the most gifted students opt for Australia as their study destination and if you have any queries, our alumni would be happy to answer them. Email us at [email protected] with your query.
ILW India’s decade long experience in the field of Overseas Education is the result of the trust and confidence of thousands of students who have successfully gained scholarships and even, tuition waivers for their study abroad in Australia, USA, Canada and several other countries across the globe. We offer end to end process delivery, right from aptitude testing, career guidance to university selection, visa processing and beyond.
Contact Us to Apply for The University of Newcastle Australia
Courses at The University of Newcastle Australia
Postgraduate Courses at The University of Newcastle Australia
Undergraduate Courses at The University of Newcastle Australia
Foundation Courses at The University of Newcastle Australia
Research Courses at The University of Newcastle Australia
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia