Study at The University of Western Australia (UWA), Australia
- The University of Western Australia has appeared in the top 100 universities in Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s internationally recognized by Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- Appears in the top 1% of universities in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and the QS rankings.
- The University of Western Australia scored five-star rankings in student demand, student teacher ratio and student retention in the Good Universities Guide 2019 .
- According to Thompson-ReutersISI Web of Knowledge, UWA has more highly cited scholars than most other Australian universities. Highly cited scholars are considered to be within the top 200 academics worldwide in their field – UWA has 6.
- It is ranked in the world’s top 50 for Clinical Medicine, Ecology, Public Health, Mineral and Mining Engineering and Oceanography by the Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities 2018.
Why Study in Australia
- 15 Years Education Accepted: If you wish to study an MBA or MS in Australia, you can directly apply after your Bachelors. You can immediately start your Masters level study in Australia in the same year that you finish your degree program in India since they accept three years of Bachelors.
- Two Years Work Permit after course: The post-study work stream of this visa allows international students completing an Australian bachelor, masters or doctoral degree to remain in Australia to gain practical work experience after they graduate. Graduates of bachelor and masters by coursework degrees can apply for a two-year work visa at the completion of their degree. Masters by research graduates are eligible for a three-year visa. PhD graduates can apply for a four-year work visa in Australia.
- Education Quality: Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act, 2000 which ensures that institutions who enroll international students are registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). This ensures that Institutions meet stringent standards for marketing activities, education delivery, facilities and student support services. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) links 15 schools, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system. It assures of a stellar education delivery system.
- Work and Study: With an Australian student visa, a student can work up to 40 hours a week in an occupation requiring basic skills like at grocery stores, gas stations etc.
- Scenic & Friendly: The golden sands of the famed beaches along the Gold Coast, the Koala bears, the Aboriginal people as well as the classic Aussie drawl that gives Australia a distinct character of its own.
- English-speaking Country: Australia is an English speaking country and therefore, students will have no trouble in moving around.
- Exceptional Quality of Life: Australia’s per-capita GDP is greater than that of the UK, Canada, Germany and France in terms of parity in purchase power. Per Capita GDP (PPP) Australia is ranked 18th in the world (CIA World Factbook 2016). Second in the United Nations 2019 Human Development Index and sixth in The Economist’s quality-of-life index.
Exclusive Reason for NOC
- Permanent Residency: Australia offers a great opportunity to settle down in the country, if your occupation is on the National Occupation List (NOC)!
So all in all, TWO year Master’s (Coursework) + 2 Years Work Permit. Additionally, students who complete their Master’s study by research and Doctoral degree holders are eligible to apply for a three and four year post study work visa in Australia, respectively. Take this opportunity to settle down and Immigrate to Australia. A country that offers you among the best work/life balance and brilliant medical facilities,beaches and much more!
For more detailed reasons and information about advantages of studying in Australia, check out our Why Study in Australia page
Entry Requirements to Study at The University of Western Australia (UWA), Australia
General entry requirements (exact requirements may vary from course to course)
Postgraduate Courses: At least 55 % in Bachelors or CGPA of 5.5 or higher (on a scale of 10). IELTS: 6.o with no less than 6.0 in the writing module. And 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
Undergraduate Courses (after 12th): Completion of All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) or Indian School Certificate (CISCE) with an average of 60 %. Higher Secondary Certificate (State Board) with an average of 65 %. IELTS: 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in the writing module. And 5.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
UWA MBA: Bachelor’s degree with GMAT score of 550 and three years of full time, relevant work experience. IELTS: 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in the writing module. And 6.0 in the others (or equivalent TOEFL or PTE score)
The University of Western Australia (UWA) Scholarships
UWA offers a range of scholarships for Indian students. We encourage students to apply for the UWA scholarships as early as possible. For more information, you can always contact us, and we will help you right through the UWA scholarship application process at no cost.
Australian Government scholarships for Indian students to study at the University of Western Australia
Forrest Research Foundation PhD Scholarships: The university gives these to outstanding students who undertake high quality research and enrol in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at a Western Australian university. All Forrest Scholars will receive a package which includes a Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship or University Postgraduate Award (UPA) valued at $30,000 per annum (subject to annual indexation); an accommodation allowance valued at $20,697 per annum (subject to annual indexation); and a relocation and research travel allowance of $13,000.
The Dean’s Excellence in Science PhD Scholarships: The university gives these to academically outstanding international and domestic students who undertake a research doctorate (PhD) in the Faculty of Science. All Dean’s Excellence in Science PhD Scholars will receive a scholarship package. It includes a living allowance (stipend) valued at $40,000 per annum; a research travel/conference allowance of $5,000 per annum; a research operating and submission costs allowance of $5,000 per annum; Overseas Student Health Cover; and tuition fees.
Dean’s Excellence in Arts, Business, Law and Education PhD Scholarships: The university gives these to academically outstanding international and domestic students who undertake a research doctorate (PhD) in the Faculty of Arts, Business, Law and Education (FABLE). All Dean’s Excellence in Arts, Business, Law and Education PhD Scholars will receive a scholarship package. It includes a living allowance (stipend) valued at $33,000 per annum; a research allowance of $5,100; Overseas Student single Health Cover; and tuition fees.
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS): These are for bachelors, masters and doctoral courses (Comprehensive scholarship covering medical, airfare, tuition etc.). The university offers Masters-level scholarships to exceptional Indian graduate students from high-performing institutions to study at one of Australia’s world-class universities. Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offered by the Australian Government. With the AAS, your entire cost of study will be offset.
Deadline for Applications to study at the University of Western Australia
The application deadline for admissions to The University of Western Australia would be December or June, depending on the intake. Apply at least two months prior, to allow for the university to assess and complete the paperwork.
Masters level courses at UWA are in demand . We suggest you apply at the earliest. We suggest that if you would like to apply, do speak with us for further details and gain admission to The University of Western Australia.
If you would like to know your prospects as an international student in Australia (with scholarship, profile assessment, financial requirements etc.), go ahead and arrange a free consultation with ILW Overseas Education Consultants now. Our counselors and experts can help you successfully apply to the Australian universities and colleges of YOUR CHOICE.
We’ve had some of the most gifted students opt for Australia as their study destination and if you have any queries, our alumni would be happy to answer them. Email us at [email protected] with your query.
ILW India’s decade long experience in the field of Overseas Education is the result of the trust and confidence of thousands of students who have successfully gained scholarships and even, tuition waivers for their study abroad in Australia, USA, Canada and several other countries across the globe. We offer end to end process delivery, right from aptitude testing, career guidance to university selection, visa processing and beyond.
Contact Us to Apply for The University of Western Australia (UWA), Australia
Courses at The University of Western Australia (UWA), Australia
Postgraduate Courses at The University of Western Australia (UWA), Australia
Undergraduate Courses at The University of Western Australia (UWA), Australia
Foundation Courses at The University of Western Australia (UWA), Australia
Research Courses at The University of Western Australia (UWA), Australia
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Australia