We’ve got a million reasons to give you. Let’s however categorically look at why you should study in Ireland when you are finalizing your study abroad plan.
Quality of Education in Ireland
- Ireland has one of the best education systems in Europe
- All of Ireland’s universities are ranked in the top 5% globally (QS World Ranking 2012/13)
- The quality of the Irish education system is a major contributing factor to the rapid rate of economic growth Ireland has experienced over the last few decades
- Irish higher education institutions are widely recognised for excellence in many disciplines
- Ireland is recognised as an international location for high quality scientific research
The Irish Government investment in knowledge and higher education increased by an average annual rate of 10% in the past decade compared with EU and OECD average rates of 3%
Top Universities in Ireland and Rankings
Ireland is home to some of the best universities in the world. Trinity College Dublin is ranked 117th in the 2018 THE World University Rankings and has an international reputation of the highest quality, while University College Dublin and National University of Ireland, Galway rank in the top 250
Affordability and Return on Investment
Cost of studying in Ireland is far more reasonable as compared to some other popular study abroad countries.
Fees for undergraduate courses in Ireland can range between Euro 8000 to Euro 15000 approx. per year, while postgraduate courses in Ireland (Masters) can cost between Euro 10000 to Euro 10000 approx. per year. Living cost in Ireland range between Euro 7000 to Euro 10000 per year in general.
Do the Math:
1 Year Masters with Affordable Fee + 2 Years Stay Back to Work + 1000s of Companies (with EU HQs of World’s Top Giants) + Opportunity to Settle (once you have a job) = What else do you need?
A student studying one year Masters in Ireland can spend between INR 15 lacs to INR 25 lacs depending on the Irish Institution for both tuition and living, while he/she is allowed to work part-time for 20 hrs/per week during course and full-time during holidays
Safety and Location
- Safety: Ireland is known as one of the safest countries in the world. The Global Peace Index 2018 ranked Ireland to be among the Top 10 safest countries in the world
- Friendly Country: Ireland is also known to be one of the friendliest countries in the world, which is a big advantage for international students. Irish people are renowned for their friendliness and hospitality which greatly contributes to the ease with which overseas students adapt to student life in Ireland
- Location: Ireland is also very strategically located in Europe. Besides being a part of the EU, thereby giving easy access to other EU nations, Dublin–the capital city is also the closest European port to the United States
Language and Communication in Ireland
Ireland is a 100% English speaking country, thus life becomes way easier. Although Irish Gaelic is recognised as the official language of Ireland, only 36% of the Irish population speak it and the country is predominantly English spoken. All courses in Ireland which international students can study are completely taught in English
Ability to Network with Industry in Ireland
Did you know?
- Companies in Ireland: 1000s of giant companies in Information & Communications Technology (ICT), Social Media, Pharmaceuticals, and Finance have their European headquarters (HQ) or their largest European operations in Ireland. And these are some really big companies that need a lot of talented and educated workforce eg. Google, HP, Apple, Accenture, Dropbox, IBM, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, eBay, Microsoft, PayPal, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Abbott Laboratories, Pfizer, GSK, Genzyme and many more
- FDI in Ireland: Ireland is the second most attractive country globally for FDI – after Singapore
- Start-ups in Ireland: Dublin, the capital of Ireland, is said to be one of the 7 new cities in the world for start-ups
Work in Ireland after education
The new government rules allow students to stay back for 2 years on declaration of results to seek employment after Masters. Once a student gains employment, the student becomes eligible to apply for Green Card/Work Permit. For students who have finished Bachelors, the stay back period is one year.
Another interesting aspect about studying in Ireland is that after education, students can apply for jobs in all the EU nations.
The number of international students visiting Ireland is increasing each year, students from all over the world are taking advantage of the higher education standard in Ireland coupled with the unique cultural experience
Work in Ireland After Studies: On declaration of results, you will be able to stay back in Ireland for TWO year to seek employment once you finish your Masters or MBA. Once you get your job (and are earning Euro 30000 annually), you can apply for a Green Card/Work Permit.
Part Time Work in Ireland: International students can work part-time for 20 hours per week during the course. € 8-9 per hour can be earned by students in general
Companies, Jobs, Placements in Ireland
Ireland is relatively cheaper than other top cities in Europe to live, has a very low corporate tax structure (which attracts top companies), and simply put, everybody in Ireland speaks English – it is a 100% English speaking country. Your life as a student could be really good and easy in Ireland. There’s more –
- 9 out of top 10 global ICT companies are in Ireland (there are 5300 ICT companies in Ireland)
- 3 of the world’s top 5 gaming companies are in Ireland
- Top 5 exporter of software in the world
- 8 of the world’s top 10 technology companies are here
- More than 50% of the world’s leading Financial Services firms have operations in Ireland
- 9 of the top 10 aircraft leasing companies are in Ireland
- 2nd largest exporter of med-tech products in Europe
- 15 of the world’s top 20 medical technology companies manufacture in Ireland with 25,000 people employed in industry in
- Ireland (the most med-tech personnel per capita in Europe)
- 7 out of 10 of the world’s biggest blockbuster drugs are manufactured in Ireland
- 9 of the world’s top 10 pharma companies are in Ireland
- 6 out of top 7 diagnostics companies are in Ireland
Some More Points About Studying in Ireland:
- Ireland is ranked in the 10 best educated countries in the world: 24/7 Wall St/OECD Education at a Glance report
- Ireland has some top universities and very well respected across the world. The infrastructure, the facilities, the lecturers are classy and world renowned
- Ireland has one of the best education systems in Europe (2004 IMD World competitiveness Report) with a history rich in tradition and learning
- Undergraduate degree system in Ireland is 4 years, much like that in the USA
- Most Universities are spread over 100s of acres with some of the best facilities eg. UCD has the largest urban campus in Europe right in the capital city of Dublin, spread over 350 acres
- Consistently ranked as one of the World’s Friendliest Countries. In 2010, Lonely Planet named Ireland the most friendly country in the world
Dubin | The Capital City of Ireland
- Dublin was voted one of the Best Student Cities in the World by the 2014 QS rankings
- Dublin is one of Europe’s youngest, vibrant and most lively cities – it has the youngest population in Europe, with over 30% under 30
- Ireland’s capital and one of Europe’s most navigable city centres – it is easy to walk around the heart of the historic city, to view classical buildings, museums and art galleries, to stop for a cup of coffee in any of the little restaurants and coffee houses sprinkled along every main and side street
- One of the three most visited Capital Cities in Europe
- Home to many of the national cultural institutions, including the National Library, National Gallery, the Abbey (National Theatre), the Dublin Writers’ Museum, Chester Beatty Library and the National Concert Hall
- Nominated UNESCO City of Literature in 2010
- Four Nobel Prizes for Literature have been awarded to writers associated with Dublin – playwright George Bernard Shaw, poets W.B. Yeats and Seamus Heaney, and the multi-faceted Samuel Beckett
- Europe’s ‘tech’ capital – home to 9 of the 10 largest global ICT companies (with 63% of all ICT jobs in Ireland are located in Dublin)
Dublin city is a very ‘happening’ city! And if parents are reading this, its very VERY safe too! Did you know that there is one pub per 100 people in Dublin? Your main goal is to study hard, but letting your hair down is, well, necessary sometimes!
Study in Ireland
If you are interested in studying abroad in Ireland, arrange a free consultation with ILW Education Consultants today. Our Study in Ireland application experts can help you successfully apply to all Irish Universities and Colleges.
We’ve got some really top students studying at several Irish Universities. They’d be happy to help with your questions too.
Ireland Admission CounselingIn case you’re confused about your studies in Ireland, we can help you solve the problem. Once we meet you, and your parents or spouse, we ask you questions to get a clearer idea of your preferences, restrictions, and goals. This will allow us to make a range of suggestions with regard to locations and universities. With more discussions we’ll help you pick between them and narrow it down to the right selection of safe, moderate and ambitions options. We will make your process of studying in Ireland hassle-free.
- Personal Attention
- Connections with Universities
- Total Solution for Studying Abroad
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
We are experts at what we do. Since 2002 we have helped 1000s of students (personally). As one of the leading overseas education consultants in Mumbai, the collective experience of our team of experts go beyond a 100 years. Many of us have studied abroad and know exactly what your requirements will be, what kind of universities should be best suited for your future, what you need to do to get there.
We are extremely personal. Students ask us 1000s of questions and we enjoy replying to these. You will have one dedicated team member who you will be able to contact throughout the service. We don’t count the number of hours spent on you. We don’t shed away responsibilities. We work on your side and have just one thing in mind—to get you your best in your career.
We enjoy when you get scholarships or you save money. Over 70% of our applicants will earn some form of scholarship / financial aid / bursary.
We keep in touch with Universities. We keep in touch with our past students. We know exactly what a University will require or we can identify it very (very) easily. We help you build your profile, craft a great resume, and statement of purpose (SOP)/essays and bring out the best in you while presenting you to a University. Chances of your admissions evidently rise because we are around.
We help you right from start to end in the process ie. from selecting the right course and university list, documentation preparation, filling out and checking of forms, applying to universities, to securing admission offers, helping you finalize the best choice of university, visa guidance (including documentation, mock interview rounds, application), accommodation booking and much more. Hey! IELTS coaching is also available at our centre. We are brilliant with our essay editing services (remember – you will have to end up writing 18 to 24 essays when you apply to 8 to 10 Universities). We are simply there for everything! #enoughsaid
Mostly all of our students are through word of mouth. You will ENJOY your process and will not have to think how ordinary a question is while you ask us. We reply. We ensure that you remain satisfied. Nearly all our students would give us a 100/100 for our services.
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Ireland
International Learning Warehouse is the go-to place for someone who wants to pursue education in a foreign country. ILW guided me right from helping me choose a country that suits my needs, to shortlisting and applying to universities. They are swift, consistent and make the effort to understand what their students want while making recommendations! It is only thanks to ILW that I am going to be pursuing my masters in Ireland in less than 6 months since I made the decision.
I am greatly thankful to ‘ILW’ for their invaluable guidance & support to achieve my goal of going abroad for my higher studies. I experienced that all the team members, specially Rupali is extremely professionals & competent in dealing with difficult situations. She has been helpful throughout the process & also stay in touch even after the processing is done. There were many ups & downs I went through but their support helped get me going. Their services are totally incredible and the guidance is given in a very systematic way, moreover Rupali has always guided me with the best of suggestions which beginant for students like me. I heartily express my gratitude and thank ILW and Rupali who are with me in each and every step I have taken towards getting myself in my dream come true of abroad studies. God bless you all !!!!!!
ILW helped me in every stage of my application process. The guidance provided by them was very detailed and up to the mark. Very satisfied with the service they provided and the amount of knowledge the entire team has regarding the process of the overseas education.
Had an amazing experience with ILW. Roopali maam helped me patiently in the best way possible.Everything went easy and smooth, helped me do everything regarding abroad studies right from sop to visa . If confused with abroad studies, ILW is the best to opt for.
a few things, a little bragging
Over 70% students secure some scholarship / funding
16+ years of experience in placing students worldwide