As an Indian student, you can study in CANADA after 12th for your Bachelors.
Some quick notes to clear your most common queries about undergraduate studies in CANADA:
- Types of Bachelors: Bachelor Degrees are offered by Universities and Colleges in Canada. Many colleges with other colleges and universities provide you with the opportunity to degree pathways that stretch across the province, Canada and even the globe. Several Bachelor Degrees in colleges have a Co-op option. Few universities for certain programs offer this option as well.
- Duration of Bachelor: A Bachelor degree in Canada lasts for 4 years.
- Intakes: Most Bachelor programs in Canada will begin in August / September and few of them in January and May as well.
- Fee Range: Course fee for Bachelors in Canada ranges about CAD$ 15,000 to CAD$ 24,000 annually
- English Language Requirement: IELTS test is preferred. The test could be done within one month from the date you decide to take the test ie. preparing for the test, registering for the test and appearing for it. If you need to register for the test or need help or coaching, you could contact us at +91 9820864001. A score of 6.0 overall with not less than 5.5 band in each section of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking section is required for most of the programs.
- SAT Test or ACT Test: SAT or ACT is NOT required to study in Canada
- Apply: Individual applications will have to be sent to each University and college. The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) can be used to submit undergraduate application to Ontario universities. The OUAC is operated by the Council of Ontario Universities (COU) to facilitate the process of applying to first-year undergraduate programs (bachelor’s degrees) and to advanced standing in these programs. Each school is completely autonomous in reaching its own admission decisions, with the OUAC providing only the application processing service.
- Time to Apply: Best time to apply for Bachelor in Canada is Nov to March for a September start, though there are quiet a few programs with deadline until May. Different programs in the same University have different deadlines.
- Work During Study: You could work 20hrs / week during your term and 40hrs/wk during holidays
- Work After Study: You could stay back in Canada for upto a maximum of 3 years to look for a job and work full-time. You do not need a job offer in hand to stay back.
- Visa: To apply for a visa you must complete and submit all required documents as requested by the Canadian government including the official acceptance document(s) from the school at which you will be studying, and, if planning to study in Quebec, a Certificate of Acceptance from the Quebec government, and pay the required visa processing fee. You may be required to undergo an interview with a Canadian Visa Officer and/or a medical examination and/or prove that you have sufficient funds to study and live in Canada
- Essays: Canadian Universities and Colleges either ask you write Topical Essays or otherwise require a Statement of Purpose (SOP). Strong essays will set you apart from other candidates. You’ll have to write 2-3 essays per application. In case of Colleges in Canada, your Statement of Purpose (SOP) would suffice. It’s important to be creative while writing the essays / SOP in order to stand out from the crowd
- Recommendation and School Reports: You will need to designate 2 to 3 school teachers as referees. The guidance counselor at your school has to submit your school profile, transcripts, predicted grades and performance evaluation. This cannot be the same person as your referee! However, if you don’t have a school counselor, we can help you with the application anyway
- Factors to consider while selecting Universities: Choice of Major and Minor, Cost, Availability of financial aid and scholarships, location, class size, research facilities, international student population, placement options, Deadlines
- Quick reasons to study Bachelor in Canada:
- Studying in Canada is relatively cheaper with lowest Tuition Fee amongst English Speaking Countries.
- More importance is given to the practical aspects of education by Canadian Universities enhancing a student’s research skills and professional competence.
- Canada’s diverse culture, relaxed immigration laws and relatively stable economy are just some of the reasons students study there.
- Canada, being a well developed country, has many job opportunities in every possible field after a Bachelors degree ensuring a high quality of life along with a good pay-scale.
- Students also find it is easier to stay and work in Canada after completing Bachelor. Once you complete an education programme in Canada, it’s very easy to obtain post-grad work permit.
- You could work in Canada for the length of your program upto a maximum of 3 years. Most provinces require you work full time for 12-months, and then you can begin an application for permanent residency.
How we help?
Consulting: We explain the complete process of studying in Canada. We assess your profile and understand your suitability to study in Canada. We suggest areas of profile development so that you could best present yourself and your application to the admissions committee
Timeline and Action Plan: We create a timeline for you and develop an action plan so that you could finish the application related work timely. For undergraduate students, we believe this is very important since there are numerous activities going on at that point in time eg. School / College academic studies, projects and assignment submissions, extended essay submission, preparation towards preliminary examinations and the pressure of final examinations looming
Shortlisting: Based on your interest area, future plans, career objectives, budget and several other factors, we help you select the right undergraduate programs in Canada you must apply to. This is very important because you spend application fees per university, send out couriers and invest more during the process and not applying to the right set of Universities and colleges would mean a loss of money and time. We categorically suggest Ambitious, Moderate and Safe University options from which you can select from so as to create the right set of final 8 to 10 Universities and colleges
Application Documentation: We guide you with your documents required for applying to Canadian Universities and Colleges. This includes helping you build and edit the right CV, editing suggestions to strengthen your essays and SOP, providing guidance on your recommendation letters, and more. We are one of the leading admission consulting in the country and essay editing is our forte
Essay Editing: Applying to 8 to 10 Canadian Universities mean you may end up writing between 16 to 24 essays. We help you edit and refine each and every word of the written essays and we suggest how to improve the content. With limitless iterations, we make your craft the finest essays and bring out the real YOU in your profile. Ask any of our students and they have loved how we have guided them with the essay writing and editing
Application: We guide you through the applications to Canadian Universities and colleges where we plan the complete application, help you bring out your strengths in your application, help you fill the application forms correctly, check the content, rectify any errors, and help you submit the application. This is followed by checking the application documents to be sent to the right department at the University or college
Follow Up Counseling: We are always there for you. Universities and colleges would email you their queries or provide updates on your applications. Often times, we follow up with your Universities and colleges. After your applications too, generally you are bound to come up with a lot of questions, and we will be happy to help
Finalization: Once your offers are in, we help you finalize on the right program. Often students face a dilemma at this stage when they receive more than one admit
Financial Matters: We will guide on how you have to make your fee payment and get your confirmation from the University or College
Visa Guidance: We guide you through the complete student visa process including suggesting the right documents, documentation check, applying for appointment, preparing the visa application file, and in case there is a visa interview which is in rare circumstances then we provide mock interview rounds and more
Connect: We try to connect you with other students who are going to Canada or who are already studying there
Accommodation: We guide you with booking of your accommodation in Canada to whatever extent that is possible
Shortlisting the right set of Universities and Colleges in Canada and editing essays is the biggest task where students face issues. We have always encouraged our students to join top Universities and with our brainstorming discussions, we believe to have placed students to Universities and Colleges that have been their dream!
Call to action button
Canada Admission CounselingIn case you’re confused about your studies in Canada, we can help you solve the problem. Once we meet you, and your parents or spouse, we ask you questions to get a clearer idea of your preferences, restrictions, and goals. This will allow us to make a range of suggestions with regard to locations and universities. With more discussions we’ll help you pick between them and narrow it down to the right selection of safe, moderate and ambitions options. We will make your process of studying in Canada hassle-free.
- Personal Attention
- Connections with Universities
- Total Solution for Studying Abroad
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
We are experts at what we do. Since 2002 we have helped 1000s of students (personally). As one of the leading overseas education consultants in Mumbai, the collective experience of our team of experts go beyond a 100 years. Many of us have studied abroad and know exactly what your requirements will be, what kind of universities should be best suited for your future, what you need to do to get there.
We are extremely personal. Students ask us 1000s of questions and we enjoy replying to these. You will have one dedicated team member who you will be able to contact throughout the service. We don’t count the number of hours spent on you. We don’t shed away responsibilities. We work on your side and have just one thing in mind—to get you your best in your career.
We enjoy when you get scholarships or you save money. Over 70% of our applicants will earn some form of scholarship / financial aid / bursary.
We keep in touch with Universities. We keep in touch with our past students. We know exactly what a University will require or we can identify it very (very) easily. We help you build your profile, craft a great resume, and statement of purpose (SOP)/essays and bring out the best in you while presenting you to a University. Chances of your admissions evidently rise because we are around.
We help you right from start to end in the process ie. from selecting the right course and university list, documentation preparation, filling out and checking of forms, applying to universities, to securing admission offers, helping you finalize the best choice of university, visa guidance (including documentation, mock interview rounds, application), accommodation booking and much more. Hey! IELTS coaching is also available at our centre. We are brilliant with our essay editing services (remember – you will have to end up writing 18 to 24 essays when you apply to 8 to 10 Universities). We are simply there for everything! #enoughsaid
Mostly all of our students are through word of mouth. You will ENJOY your process and will not have to think how ordinary a question is while you ask us. We reply. We ensure that you remain satisfied. Nearly all our students would give us a 100/100 for our services.
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Canada
a few things, a little bragging
Over 70% students secure some scholarship / funding
16+ years of experience in placing students worldwide