Here are the list of documents you need to apply to Switzerland:
- Resume – updated, 1 page, using action verbs. Skip the “objective” but mention your 12th marks.
- Academic Mark Sheets – scan them all! 10th standard onward.
- Transcripts – Std. 10, Std. 11 & 12, Bachelor’s, Master’s – you need to go to your institute and ask them to issue transcripts. Get 1 per university you’re applying to. They will be stamped & signed, and then sealed in an envelope which also needs to be stamped and signed. Ensure the transcript states your medium of instruction was English – this way some of your institutes may waive the TOEFL requirement.
- Referees – You will have to add the title, full name, designation, company name and official email ID of your referees to the online application. They will then get an email from the university with a link they need to click on to recommend you. Half of this is usually a rating scale and the other half is either a text box or specific questions about you need to be answered. Please pick referees who will be comfortable doing this all online and who have an official email ID. Tip: It’s more important for your immediate manager to be your referee as opposed to the Director of the company who has barely had any interaction with you.
- Personal Statement / Statement of Purpose – Should address 5 main questions: What motivates you to do this course? What prepares you to do this course? Why do you want to do this particular degree? Why do you want to study at this particular institute? What are your career plans? This should neither be an autobiography nor exceed 2 pages in length. Often, the university will tell you what information they want and what the word/character limit on the question is.
- Essays – Universities will also ask you topical questions with corresponding word limits. Usually, universities that ask for these won’t ask for a personal statement.
- Work Experience or Internship Letters
- Score Reports – test takers reports of the IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT etc. If you haven’t taken the test yet, update the test date in the application. These scores will have to be reported to the universities officially as well e.g. TOEFL scores can be reported online by ETS to the university, after making the payment and entering the university code.
- Certificated – extracurricular activities, social work, volunteer work, community service, etc. Don’t include participation certificates (unless it’s a workshop, seminar or the like). Keep to the certificates you earned 9th standard onward, unless it’s at the inter-state level.
- Passport – First and last page, plus any correction page
- Photo – passport sized photograph where you’re formally dressed
- Financial Documents: (i)Bank statement showing adequate funds (1st year tuition + cost of living), (ii) Affidavit of Support if someone else, e.g. your parents, grandparents, aunt & uncle etc. are sponsoring you, (iii) financial certification form (which is sometimes given by the university and needs to be filled up as requested)
Please keep in mind that this is a general checklist, more or fewer documents may be required based on the universities requirements. In case of a courier, you will need to attest these or send originals of some documents, like transcripts.
Switzerland Admission CounselingIn case you’re confused about your studies in Switzerland, we can help you solve the problem. Once we meet you, and your parents or spouse, we ask you questions to get a clearer idea of your preferences, restrictions, and goals. This will allow us to make a range of suggestions with regard to locations and universities. With more discussions we’ll help you pick between them and narrow it down to the right selection of safe, moderate and ambitions options. We will make your process of studying in Switzerland hassle-free.
- Personal Attention
- Connections with Universities
- Total Solution for Studying Abroad
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
We are experts at what we do. Since 2002 we have helped 1000s of students (personally). As one of the leading overseas education consultants in Mumbai, the collective experience of our team of experts go beyond a 100 years. Many of us have studied abroad and know exactly what your requirements will be, what kind of universities should be best suited for your future, what you need to do to get there.
We are extremely personal. Students ask us 1000s of questions and we enjoy replying to these. You will have one dedicated team member who you will be able to contact throughout the service. We don’t count the number of hours spent on you. We don’t shed away responsibilities. We work on your side and have just one thing in mind—to get you your best in your career.
We enjoy when you get scholarships or you save money. Over 70% of our applicants will earn some form of scholarship / financial aid / bursary.
We keep in touch with Universities. We keep in touch with our past students. We know exactly what a University will require or we can identify it very (very) easily. We help you build your profile, craft a great resume, and statement of purpose (SOP)/essays and bring out the best in you while presenting you to a University. Chances of your admissions evidently rise because we are around.
We help you right from start to end in the process ie. from selecting the right course and university list, documentation preparation, filling out and checking of forms, applying to universities, to securing admission offers, helping you finalize the best choice of university, visa guidance (including documentation, mock interview rounds, application), accommodation booking and much more. Hey! IELTS coaching is also available at our centre. We are brilliant with our essay editing services (remember – you will have to end up writing 18 to 24 essays when you apply to 8 to 10 Universities). We are simply there for everything! #enoughsaid
Mostly all of our students are through word of mouth. You will ENJOY your process and will not have to think how ordinary a question is while you ask us. We reply. We ensure that you remain satisfied. Nearly all our students would give us a 100/100 for our services.
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in Switzerland
a few things, a little bragging
Over 70% students secure some scholarship / funding
19+ years of experience in placing students worldwide