Whether an application is made via UCAS or as a paper application, the following are the documents that need to be sent to each UK University for studying Bachelors in the UK:
- Resume: A well crafted resume goes a long way. It should clearly talk about your education and achievements. Generally, we recommend that your resume / CV should be should only be of one page. Here is where you can get a simple explanation on what can appear on a SMART RESUME. Include your educational qualifications, project details (if any), internship information, list of extra-curricular activities, your interests and any other information that you believe will help you stand out of the lot. IBDP students can include information about their extended essay too and also specifically mention about which subjects were taken as HL or SL
- Academic Mark Sheets: 9th to 12th If you do not have your final semester or 12th marksheet assuming you are currently studying, send the remaining ones to the University. On the UCAS application, there is no way to upload these yourself. Your school / college counsellor will have to report these to the University inclusive of your predicted grades
- Recommendation Letters: UCAS only requires one recommender. Some UK Universities that also accept paper applications may require two recommendation letters. These have to be on the letter head of your school / college / employer, should be stamped and signed. These need NOT be sealed in an envelope like in the case of US Universities. In UCAS, you will need to register the referee online and you will have to add the title, full name, designation, Institution name and official email ID (no gmail, yahoo, outlook) of your referee. He/she will then get an email from the university with a link they need to click on to submit the recommendation online
- Personal Statement / Statement of Purpose (SOP): In the UCAS application, you will need to write / paste a personal statement of no more than 4000 characters (with spaces) and which is below 43 lines. UCAS will allow you a ‘preview’ option to check the length and limit. In case of paper applications, the SOP is a 1.5 to 2 page essay. It should address 5 main questions: What motivates you to do this course? What prepares you to do this course (academics, work)? Why do you want to do your Bachelors in a UK University? What are your short-term, long-term goals or career plans in general? You can submit this to us as an MS Word file and we will check and edit this for you
- Internship Letters: If you have undertaken any internships, then include a letter confirming the same
- Test Score Reports: Most UK Universities need IELTS test score or PTE test score. These can be sent as a scanned copy once you receive the hard copy of the score
- Other Certificates: Certificated – extracurricular activities, social work, volunteer work, community service, etc. should be included. Don’t include participation certificates (unless it’s a workshop, seminar or the like)
- Passport: First and last page, plus any correction page
- Application Form: Completed application form of each UK University must be filled and sent to the University if you are using a paper application
Note: Financial documents are NOT required to be submitted to UK Universities at the time of admissions
UK Admission CounselingIn case you’re confused about your studies in UK, we can help you solve the problem. Once we meet you, and your parents or spouse, we ask you questions to get a clearer idea of your preferences, restrictions, and goals. This will allow us to make a range of suggestions with regard to locations and universities. With more discussions we’ll help you pick between them and narrow it down to the right selection of safe, moderate and ambitions options. We will make your process of studying in UK hassle-free.
- Personal Attention
- Connections with Universities
- Total Solution for Studying Abroad
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
We are experts at what we do. Since 2002 we have helped 1000s of students (personally). As one of the leading overseas education consultants in Mumbai, the collective experience of our team of experts go beyond a 100 years. Many of us have studied abroad and know exactly what your requirements will be, what kind of universities should be best suited for your future, what you need to do to get there.
We are extremely personal. Students ask us 1000s of questions and we enjoy replying to these. You will have one dedicated team member who you will be able to contact throughout the service. We don’t count the number of hours spent on you. We don’t shed away responsibilities. We work on your side and have just one thing in mind—to get you your best in your career.
We enjoy when you get scholarships or you save money. Over 70% of our applicants will earn some form of scholarship / financial aid / bursary.
We keep in touch with Universities. We keep in touch with our past students. We know exactly what a University will require or we can identify it very (very) easily. We help you build your profile, craft a great resume, and statement of purpose (SOP)/essays and bring out the best in you while presenting you to a University. Chances of your admissions evidently rise because we are around.
We help you right from start to end in the process ie. from selecting the right course and university list, documentation preparation, filling out and checking of forms, applying to universities, to securing admission offers, helping you finalize the best choice of university, visa guidance (including documentation, mock interview rounds, application), accommodation booking and much more. Hey! IELTS coaching is also available at our centre. We are brilliant with our essay editing services (remember – you will have to end up writing 18 to 24 essays when you apply to 8 to 10 Universities). We are simply there for everything! #enoughsaid
Mostly all of our students are through word of mouth. You will ENJOY your process and will not have to think how ordinary a question is while you ask us. We reply. We ensure that you remain satisfied. Nearly all our students would give us a 100/100 for our services.
Wall of Fame
We are proud that we could help our students get into some of the top universities in UK
Thanks to ILW to give me the ultimate support and guidance to shortlist the Universities and completing my applications on time to get through the best ones.
I happened to chance upon ILW while looking at the possibility of studying abroad as a backup to my plan of pursuing my further studies in India. I was pleasantly surprised and not the least bit disappointed.
With their vast and in depth knowledge of various factors pertaining to certain universities and their respective countries, ILW, specifically Rupali Ma’am and Vishal Sir aided me every step of the way starting from college selection to the subsequent applications and have provided effective guidance. They also almost act as a confidant in the way that they help one clear the silliest of doubts. They are very helpful and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to pursue their education abroad.
They helped me with everything and have taken care of smallest of details to make sure everything is perfect while applying to the universities. I got into one of the best universities in London and it wouldn’t have been possible without Vishal sir and his team. Rupali ma’am has been in contact with me everyday and she helped me with any detail I need about a certain course, university or any doubt regarding my applications. I would highly recommend ILW to anyone who needs guidance regarding their career and college applications.
ILW Consultants have been extremely helpful to me as well as my sister. It is because of them that I am going to study abroad in a very reputed University. To top it all off, the people working there are polite, kind and very soft spoken. I would highly recommend ILW to anybody who is thinking to study abroad. 🙂
I am from Bangalore and got ILW’s reference through my relatives in Mumbai. The team really helped me with the planning, essay editing, and guiding me right through the app process. I wanted to apply to top UK Universities only. I secured nearly all offers at top UK business schools. I did not join as some of my plans changed and I secured a great job back home. However in the future I do plan to do my Masters and I am sure that I will be using the services of ILW Education Consultants again….. Great team!
a few things, a little bragging
Over 70% students secure some scholarship / funding
16+ years of experience in placing students worldwide